It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arachnoiditis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2012, 05:49 PM   #76
(female)

Calin HB UserCalin HB UserCalin HB User
Re: Disc Protrusion L5/S1

Anddrea...I have not tried myofacial release, but met a young woman (who instructed me on how to use a home traction unit), and she had developed nerve pain after shoulder surgery. This was the only thing that helped her, and she swears by it. It is also something I will try if needed.

You can find a number of books by Pete Egoscue on Amazon. Also, you might wish to look at the McKenzie Method, which is highly accepted as one of the best sets of exercises for low back and sciatic pain.

:-) Hang in there!

Old 12-11-2012, 07:26 AM   #77
(male)

adopastos HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calin View Post
HI!! How are you doing adopastos?

I'm STILL hanging in there...exercising every day and making very slow progress. I'm seeing an Egoscue Therapist. I think these exercises are helping. You can google Pete Egoscue and/or the book Pain Free, a Revolutionary Method for Stopping Chronic Pain, to read about it if you are not familiar.

I am also doing some home traction and McKenzie exercises. I see the doctor again in mid-Dec. I can have another injection in early January if needed.

I'm going back to work part time, so have to get a little better yet in order to be able to do that. How about you??
Thanks Calin for the info i will check it. I am in the same situation as you, slow progress. I am using a new method to evaluate my condition, by measuring the hours of night sleep. In the past these hours were 3-4. Now can be up to 6 which is an indicator for me. I have stoped every medicine and i am rely only on the exercises. Last week i hear about Pilates exercises but i have not try yet.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2012, 09:04 AM   #78
(female)

Sleep is a good indicator. I'm sleeping better too. I do still take ibuprofen and on some days I take hydrocodone, but am trying to do without that. I think the exercise is the right path....just finding what works best for you.

Old 12-30-2012, 07:31 AM   #79
(male)

adopastos HB User

Just a quick msg. wishing you a prosperous and less "painful" year, all the Best dear frriends.

Old 12-30-2012, 08:18 AM   #80
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adopastos View Post
Just a quick msg. wishing you a prosperous and less "painful" year, all the Best dear frriends.
Same to you adapastos! I hope you are doing well! I'll be having surgery in late Jan or ealy Feb. I've gotten to that point when you know it's the best alternative. I'm praying for a very postive outcome; must get the free floating fragment removed. I agree to all....a "Pain Free" year in 2013!

Old 12-30-2012, 04:04 PM   #81
(female)

AndreaS84 HB User

Indeed! I wish all the best for the new year and hope you find good relief .

Old 01-01-2013, 07:17 AM   #82
(male)

adopastos HB User
Smile Re: Disc Protrusion L5/S1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calin View Post
Same to you adapastos! I hope you are doing well! I'll be having surgery in late Jan or ealy Feb. I've gotten to that point when you know it's the best alternative. I'm praying for a very postive outcome; must get the free floating fragment removed. I agree to all....a "Pain Free" year in 2013!
Dear Calin, may God be with you, be strong and i am sure that everything will be just fine.

Closed Thread