It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arachnoiditis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2012, 08:39 AM   #31
(female)

lginfl HB Userlginfl HB User
Re: Fentanyl Withdrawal/Pain Pump-Removal

You nailed it!!!! That has been the big question in my mind!!! Did the neurosurgeon cause the leak? Or did he get in too big of a hurry and not even look for leaks especially when he removed the pump!!! (which ended up being a puncture according to his surgical notes)
He fixed my first leak when my pm doc didn't succeed at blood patches (upon insertion of the pump) He's the reason why I went all the way across the state, rent a extended stay hotel for me & my mom for a week. He knew I was a leaker, we discussed that & I felt he was the man to do the job, wouldn't you? He's gone from A+ to a D doc in my opinion. Especiallly after our phone conversation yesterday, when he contradicted himself about the blood patches!!! Have you ever had them??? If so, did they ever work?? And it IS ok to rant, at least we get it out of our system! Hope u have a great day!!!

Old 11-20-2012, 09:25 AM   #32
Facilitator
(female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User
Re: Fentanyl Withdrawal/Pain Pump-Removal

Hi lginfl, I really want someone that knows about it to answer that question. About leaks, my NS looked for 45 minutes after 3rd surgery to make sure no leaks before he closed. I laid horizontal for 2 weeks out of 6 wks that we were going for. I leaked. Incision burst open & csf pouring out. Had houseful for wedding shower, i said they could use my house for it. I walked from bed to couch & bam, csf. 4th surgery. And, yes, i would have trusted him, who else would fix it anyway. When NS put in pumpd, scs etc & this happens, then pm/ anes want to put in scs, it is too scary for me! Blood patches. Ive never had one. When reading about aa i see them mentioned occasionally. I know my SNL had one after epidural in labor, it worked, she was fine. I hope that you recover from this soon & that new NS will be
great. Keep updating. Maybe someone will answer our eternal question. Thank you, gmak

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply