It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arachnoiditis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2012, 09:36 PM   #16
(female)

Anaya764 HB User
Re: Firbromyalgia or MS

I've been dx with fibro since August 2004 & the past 2 years or so my symptoms have changed from "fibro pain" to a deep tearing pain in my legs, lots of numbing, tingling & muscles spasms/twitches all over (MS symptoms). These different issued popped up after I started getting severe migraine headaches. I've done lots of blood work, EMGs. X-rays & MRIs and so far they have found a nerve thats being touched, 2 slightly bulging disc & early stages of degenerative disc disease. The neurologist wants to see me again in 6 months or sooner if the symptoms escalate. This neurologist actually took my symptoms seriously, which made me feel better & not like a hypochondriac. This is the third neurologist I've seen and he scheduled a 6 month follow up; the others said it's just fibro & sent me on my way.

After my first MRIs my rheumatologist said it was just fibro and refused to listen to my other concerns & the fact that I pretty much stay in the bed now because of the pain.
I said all of that to say I understand the not knowing what's wrong when you know something isn't right with your body! Keep pressing your Drs. Get more opinions until you get answers.

If my eyes don't get better I'll be going to see someone. I feel like something is pushing them back in my head, blurry & double vision. I'm having a hard time reading/writing this on my phone.
"...Forgetting what is behind and looking forward to what is ahead..." Phillippians 3:13

Old 01-09-2013, 07:46 AM   #17
(female)

tineewolf HB User
Re: Firbromyalgia or MS

Sorry guys I been so delayed on responding to the post. My muscle spasms are erratic they don't have a rhyme or reason to them. I'm in constant pain any where from mild to chronic - now shakes - weak legs - and constant fatigue. I spoke to my family doc. bout the rheumotologist and he went over all her notes with me and pointed out that my symptoms are very similar to fibro, and that if my test come back negative that she gonna do a lyme disease test on me. I did emphasize to him that i want an MRI of my neck, back and head done - he said that is usually last resort - when nothing else can be found . My fiance was with me at the time and we both pointed out that my symptoms are very similar to his - and i even said i will keep asking for it til i get it. He reassured me that I have not been diagnosed with fibromyalgia yet, that the rhuemotologist is leaning towards it. He also stated that I am in for a long hall and diagnosing me with something will take some time. I also been seeing a social worker and she stated if I have any issues with all this she will have a talk with my doc as an advocate to revoice my feelings on the MRI.

My newest symptom is constant itching all over body - nothing there - no bumps, rashes, or bug bites. Tried lotion - skin still itches after the fact.

Last edited by tineewolf; 01-09-2013 at 07:48 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
fibromyalgia, multiple sclerosis