It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arachnoiditis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2013, 08:25 AM   #16
Facilitator
(female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User
Re: Pain management doctor retired after 10 years

Dear simplysweet, I wanted to say that I believe you & that quite legitimate drs in Texas are running scared & the exact same thing happened to me after 12 years with the same dr! I, too had the questions about my drs legitimacy and the what, when, why, how inquiries but all i wanted was to get out of pain so that i could function normal for me in my life. So please keep your head up & know that i believe you & am here to support you in any way that i can b/c this happened to me & when my dr had told every patient for a full year i guess he figured that everyone knew and he had documentation that we had been informed so he could leave & have no repercussions if withdrawals etc happened. Luckily for me he is also compassionate & didnt follow through with not treating pain anymore. In my opinion your dr possibly thought/did the same thing with informing patients then retiring like when my dr described the mass exodus of drs treating pain in Texas.

Last edited by gmak; 01-26-2013 at 08:29 AM. Reason: typos

The Following User Says Thank You to gmak For This Useful Post:
Simplysweet410 (02-03-2013)
Old 01-26-2013, 08:53 AM   #17
(male)

Daffydolphin HB UserDaffydolphin HB UserDaffydolphin HB UserDaffydolphin HB UserDaffydolphin HB UserDaffydolphin HB UserDaffydolphin HB UserDaffydolphin HB User
I can relate to simplysweet's story

Without going into long detail, my firsts opioid Rxing Dr. my PCP, died after treating me for 6 years, naproxen for base pain, Vicodin for BT. I was surprised at how limited the written record copies available were. Just general references to spine problems and X-rays (no copies), and the opioid Rx note. My next PCP picked up after 3 appointments and X-ray copies from my Chiro. Greater opioid use gradually followed. 5 years later he moves, available written records no better than prior PCP. Then the long process of X-rays, MRIs, formal PT, EISs, useless drugs, surgical evaluations, myelograms began. Thousands and thousands of out of pocket $'s. No more NSAIDs allowed because of blood pressure and cardiac issues. New PCP would occasionally help with small opioid Rx's. 18 months later before finally established with a PM practice that included opioids in treatment program (1.5 hr drive each way). Good luck Simplysweey.

The Following User Says Thank You to Daffydolphin For This Useful Post:
Simplysweet410 (02-03-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread