It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arachnoiditis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2013, 10:48 AM   #76
Facilitator
(female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User
Re: Car accident

Quote:
Originally Posted by pebblebeach3 View Post
Well its been almost 2 months since the car accident. I still get the spasms; involuntary movements.
Yesterday was difficult. I was doing some volunteer work and was on my feet for 1 1/2 hours or so and ended up leaving earlier then intended. My back was really bothering me.
Ended up taking some hydrocodone and tizanidine to help me thru the night. Not sure it really did much good. Still having issues today.
But on the positive note, finally got ALL the pre-certs I needed to have the MRI done. It is going to be done on March 21st and should take 1/2 hour. I am so relieved that it is finally about to be done.
Will post the results as soon as I have them... More later.
Well hi pebble, It seems like a long time that you have been waiting so patiently & finally to be next thursday & only take 1/2 hour, its amazing isnt it compared to the days of "old" when for a cervical MRI we were put in headfirst, our neck & head where our heads would be in such a close, tight spot & i had to lay my neck & head on a hard as a rock , pointed apparatus, the pointy part sticking me right in the C1 to skull area with the weight of my body & head pressing down on the point. Thank God that cervical MRI's are so much improved only "old timers" even remember these " gory" details & now they are in the past!
Your " back" , as in the lumbar/thoracic area that the intrathecal dilaudid & bupivicaine pump is supposed to relieve & it was hurting badly with standing? Do you think that you should notify PM b/c i think that it has been long enough, Jan 11th?, for the intrathecal to help noticeable enough that volunteer work should be possible. The pump is supposed to reduce medication intake for this particular area of pain but bt is still ordered & needed but it didnt help very much?, this is a new finding for you right, do you think that the PM needs to be notified? I am so sorry that it hurt so much that had to leave early b/c i know that it means so much to you to give back & serve others. Thanks for the update & will research more about the involuntary jerks.

Last edited by gmak; 03-13-2013 at 07:43 PM. Reason: typo, line off, errant word

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2013, 05:43 PM   #77
Inactive
(male)

pebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB User

The amount of medication that I take from the pump is a reduced amount compared to that of the oral medications.

But I think if I understood the pain doctor correctly there will still be bad days. But the good days should certainly outweight the bad ones. And I think overall I have seen a difference. But it is not the perfect solution to my understanding.

I was back at my temple again tonight volunteering and again left early. Two people I think saw it in my face that at one point I was not doing well. It was back to the days of get me out of here, the pain level is bad.

I think I have to realize that even with the pump I will have my limits. Or maybe I need to have the amount of the medication in the pump increased. I did give myself the bolus early in the evening hoping it would ward off any pain but not sure that it did much good or maybe things would have been worse if I didn't give myslef the extra amount of medication allowed.

Yes it has been 2 long for the MRI to have been scheduled. I usually would get my precerts back within any from 1 day to maybe a week at the most. But not this longs. Good things it wasnt an emergency.

So we will see if any damage was caused by the accident or not. For some reason i have to go to the doctor that implanted the pump after the MRI just to have it checked for some some reason I am not clear on.

Will post resultso of Mri when I get the report.

Old 03-13-2013, 10:40 PM   #78
(male)

deanh HB Userdeanh HB Userdeanh HB Userdeanh HB Userdeanh HB Userdeanh HB Userdeanh HB User
Hi pebble

Sorry ur are still having rough times. How is ur neck? I would think you need adjustments with the pump if u can't function a few hours doing something u enjoy. My SCS Works this time and does relieve the pain 100 percent (other pains near but not the sharp one).

Keep us informed, we care.

Old 03-14-2013, 05:07 AM   #79
Inactive
(male)

pebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB User

On Tuesday and Wednesday I was doing more then I usually do. I was standing a lot, for several hours I guess upto 2 hours max.
And I really felt it in my entire back.

To my understanding the pain pump is not guarenteed to work 100% of the time and give "complete" relief.

From what I read and was told that if I had 50% relief from the pump or more then it was considered a success. It was intended to "reduce" not "eliminate" the issue of pain and in hopes that you get some quality of life back. Don't forget its NOT a cure to our problems.

I try not to take extra pain medications (oxycodone) during the day, but the past 2 days I felt the need in hopes to get some relief.

After my MRI I am scheduled to see my doctor to go over the MRI results. But if I am right I have to see the doctors PA after the MRI. Not sure why but I think they have to make sure nothing changed in the way the pump works from going thru the MRI.

On a positive note while I do have bad days, I find that on a good day I can sit longer periods of time then I did prior to having the implant.

On bad days my arms really bother me they feel extremely "strained" or "weak" at times. I don't feel the oxycodone is doing much in the way of pain relief. Not sure why. As I said I don't like overdoing it on taking the medication. I don't like the side effects, sometimes extreme tiredness; lightheadedness; constipation are what I seem to experience.

Anyway will see waht the MRI says if the accident caused any changes in the neck issues.

Reply Reply