It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arachnoiditis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2013, 09:30 AM   #16
(female)

Helen6090 HB UserHelen6090 HB User
Re: Epidural injections in Thoracic spine

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbitmatthews View Post
I am so sorry to hear about that Helen. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I did have mine on Monday and I have been laying since I got home. Someone posted they were told 72 hours of rest is best. I got a little frustrated, because I woke up in pain early this morning. Was hoping it would be better by now. Maybe a little more time. Thinking positive. I wish you all the best.
Hi I've been lying at home since Monday. The Doctor was moving me about lifting my leg up and down and twisting it now I feel really sore and the spasms in my bottom, leg and foot are killing me. I hope you get some relief from the pain I can sympathise with you. I heard about the 72 hr rest as well and when I finally get mine I will be doing as I'm told. Best of luck xx

Old 02-13-2013, 10:33 AM   #17
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User

I can remember those days where I wouldn't be feeling too much pain, would go for my doctor's appointment where it wouldn't hurt while he was manipulating me...then on the drive home, the pain would set in and all the nerves would flare. Unfortunately, this is a fairly common occurrence. Try to rest and hopefully everything will calm down soon .

Last edited by teteri66; 02-13-2013 at 10:34 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to teteri66 For This Useful Post:
Helen6090 (02-13-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2013, 11:46 AM   #18
(female)

lilbitmatthews HB User

I had epidural injections in thoracic and si joint on Monday Feb 11,13. Have been laying around all week. No pain relief. Should I try another injection? I can have another one in two weeks. I just found something about the Ifuse implants for SI Joint. I would love to be able to sit, stand or walk without pain. Thanks for letting me vent!!!

The following user gives a hug of support to lilbitmatthews:
Helen6090 (02-15-2013)
Old 02-15-2013, 02:38 PM   #19
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User

You never know if an ESI will work until you try it. General rule of them is to have the second one, even if there is no therapeutic value to the first attempt. If the reaction is the same to the 2nd ESI, they usually don't bother with the third, figuring chances are against it working if the other two haven't.

SI Infuse is working better than the older procedure for fusing SI joints, but that isn't saying a great deal as the old way had an extremely low rate of success.

There are a couple people on the board who have just had I Fuse recently:

rossamwb is a couple weeks out from surgery so too early to tell...and I'll have to hunt for the others -- can't remember off the top of my head.

Just type in SI joint fusion into the search box at the top of this page and you will see a number of older threads pertaining to this topic.

Last edited by teteri66; 02-15-2013 at 02:41 PM.

lilbitmatthews (02-15-2013)
Old 02-19-2013, 09:43 PM   #20
(female)

lilbitmatthews HB User

Went to pm dr today having one more injection in thoracic spine and si joint. Then off to neurosurgeon for surgery on thoracic spine and back to pm for rfa on si joint. Now we have a plan that I hope works. Anyone have experience with rfa on si joint?

Old 02-19-2013, 09:45 PM   #21
Senior Veteran
(female)

Do you know why you are having another injection if you are going to soon have surgery?

Old 02-19-2013, 10:50 PM   #22
(female)

lilbitmatthews HB User

Hoping for some relieve because we are going on a cruise in one week. Plus I have to get into the surgeon But she said today surgery was going to be my option with 6 herniated disc and bone spurs. That was not told to us last visit.

Old 02-21-2013, 03:59 PM   #23
(female)

lilbitmatthews HB User

The people at Baylor College of Medicine are very quick to get you in. The neurosurgeons office called today to get my appt scheduled. They are the best!

Old 02-21-2013, 09:10 PM   #24
Facilitator
(female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbitmatthews View Post
The people at Baylor College of Medicine are very quick to get you in. The neurosurgeons office called today to get my appt scheduled. They are the best!
Hi lilbit, I saw 3 NS @ Baylor. Huge in Houston! Was curious if you are seeing the complex spinal injuries NS? Please let us hear about the time & exact surgical procedure name & hope you have fun on your cruise! Take care!

The Following User Says Thank You to gmak For This Useful Post:
lilbitmatthews (02-22-2013)
Old 02-22-2013, 05:06 AM   #25
(female)

lilbitmatthews HB User

Good morning gmak, I am seeing Dr. Ibrahim Omeis at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Tx. Have you heard of him or know anything about him?

Old 02-22-2013, 05:11 AM   #26
(female)

lilbitmatthews HB User

Actually, I just googled him and yes he deals with complex spinal injuries. I plan on having a good time and relaxing on the cruise. We have a balancy so I will probably just relax there. Thanks

Old 02-22-2013, 05:52 AM   #27
Senior Veteran
(female)

Just be careful how you are "lounging." Some of those types of reclining chairs are really hard on the back. Try not to sit for more than about 20-30 minutes at a time -- then get up and walk a bit.

Hope you have a wonderful time and are able to enjoy yourself. You might ask your doctor for some prednisone to take along just in case. Before my first back surgery, my daughter was graduating from college half way across the country. We had rented a house in a nearby resort area and I had included an elderly relative in our party. I just had to be functional enough to at least attend the events and host my relative...so my surgeon gave me a Medral Pack of prednisone and it allowed me to get through the week's activities.

Old 02-22-2013, 06:57 AM   #28
Facilitator
(female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User

Hi lilbit, When I was @ Baylor i was referred from one to the other to the other so I practically had all the neurosurgeons & their areas of expertise memorized so yes, i have heard of him but i didnt see him. However, I seem to remember most were minimally invasive & complex spine surgeons. The main one i saw is now at UT! Weird, but true! Lol And, i hope that you have time after ESIs to "veg" for 72 hrs before leaving for cruise & i hope they work well & bon voyage!

Last edited by gmak; 02-22-2013 at 07:02 AM. Reason: wording

The Following User Says Thank You to gmak For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2013, 07:24 AM   #29
(female)

lilbitmatthews HB User

@teteri66, I have been on daily dosage of prednisone for RA. I am taking cushions for my back. I have a scotter to get around in. I agree about sitting. I can not sit up for more the 20 mins now. @gmak, I am having my ESI on Monday, so I will have plenty time to veg. I was wondering if a brace for thoracic spine would help. I use a compounding cream so once it has soaked in I can touch my chest. But am courious if back brace would help with pain at all? I sure don't want to invest in something that would not help. I really need this vacation just for my mental state. I know you all understand that are going through this, just tired of hurting!!!! I use to work and now home all day sleeping off and on. I am going to make the best of it

Old 02-22-2013, 07:47 AM   #30
(female)

lilbitmatthews HB User

gmak, what kinds of surgery did you have? Were you happy with your doctor and how long was your recovery? I know I am asking a lot of questions, but I am very nervous about what I am in for. Do you have any information that I should be asking the Dr. when I see him? Thank you so much for your help.

Reply Reply