PDA

View Full Version : best supplements to take

Yellow
12-04-2003, 03:49 PM
do any of ya'll recommend good supplements to take. i just ordered some prohormones. I will be taking xenadrine efx, 1-AD by ergo pharm, and 6-OXO by ergopharm. I am interested getting leaner and developing more muscle definition. any recommendations or comments are appreciated

SiCk WiT iT
12-04-2003, 09:17 PM
are you just starting out?

if so i would'nt have recomended prohormones....

the staples are whey protein, creatine, and glutamine

Yellow
12-05-2003, 11:09 AM
i have been working out without the use of supplements except l-arginine, carnitine, and whey protein for about a year now. why would you not recommend the prohormones just out of curiousity. thanks for the reply

Kenyth
12-05-2003, 01:31 PM

Amen! Protein is the most important out of the three.

sean
12-05-2003, 04:59 PM
Of the prohormones available legally, the various andros and dhea for example, most show a much stronger tendency to convert to estrogen than to testosterone or anything that would help gain mass. All have been tested in many studies looking for a hypertrophy or strength gain advantage, and none show it.
So, the prohormones don't seem to help, carry the risk of adverse action (estrogen is non- or anti-anabolic depending on the circumstances), and for what?

Things that increase testosterone or growth hormone or igf-1 are: sleep, very intense work with large muscle groups--squats and dead lifts most famously--possibly zinc, and possibly melatonin. Especially since the latter helps you sleep, which is the most anabolic activity there is other than exercise itself, it seems a better bet. Even for melatonin, caution is advisable, since it is also hormonal in action and therefore has wide systematic effects which we may not fully understand.

hope this helps

sean

Yellow
12-08-2003, 09:42 AM
6-oxo and 1 ad make claim against the risk of increased levels of estrogen. they say that's what makes them different from everybody else. they also claim they actually reduce levels of estrogen, while increase levels of testosterone. do you think their claims are false? thanks again for the feedback.

Of the prohormones available legally, the various andros and dhea for example, most show a much stronger tendency to convert to estrogen than to testosterone or anything that would help gain mass. All have been tested in many studies looking for a hypertrophy or strength gain advantage, and none show it.
So, the prohormones don't seem to help, carry the risk of adverse action (estrogen is non- or anti-anabolic depending on the circumstances), and for what?

Things that increase testosterone or growth hormone or igf-1 are: sleep, very intense work with large muscle groups--squats and dead lifts most famously--possibly zinc, and possibly melatonin. Especially since the latter helps you sleep, which is the most anabolic activity there is other than exercise itself, it seems a better bet. Even for melatonin, caution is advisable, since it is also hormonal in action and therefore has wide systematic effects which we may not fully understand.

hope this helps

sean