Home
HEALTH CENTERS
Message Boards Health Guide Join for Free User Blogs Board Index
Search

View Full Version : Stye

FC
12-22-2003, 08:34 AM
My stye "pointed" this morning. It is located on my lower eyelid. Now it looks like a pimple with a white head. Is there anything I can do to expedite draining?

Thank you,
Frank

Sponsor

Abbey32
12-22-2003, 02:08 PM
They say not to pop it but I do. It is too painful to wait for it to drain on it's own. I popped mine and puss came out and I washed it real well with baby shampoo and hot water a few times.

If you don't want to pop it, warm comprsses will help.

LizzardLady
01-02-2004, 05:11 PM
I've put warm/hot black (regular) tea bags on my eye for as long as I could stand it, and then they sometimes pop on their own that way. If they didn't pop on their own with the tea compresses for a couple days, I would do it myself after it's been done with the tea. Good luck, it's been a while since I've had one (knock-on-wood).

musicmaker650
01-04-2004, 10:18 AM
My stye "pointed" this morning. It is located on my lower eyelid. Now it looks like a pimple with a white head. Is there anything I can do to expedite draining?

Thank you,
Frank

Hi Frank,
I used to suffer with styes a lot. I found that warm saline eye wash helped if I used it at the first sign of a stye. Are you around smoke or other air-born pollutants? I was raised in smoggy Los Angeles, and my father smoked cigars. I wear contact lenses. I have worn them since the late 80's, and I have not had any problems with styes. The saline solution I use for the contacts keep my eyes clean and trouble free.There are other remedies at any drug store these days. Just be sure you have something on hand to treat the stye when it is first noticed...

Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2015 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!