Message Boards Health Guide Join for Free User Blogs Board Index

View Full Version : Glucosamine Chondroitin, Gelatin, Vitamins?!?!?

05-09-2004, 12:55 PM
Alright....I really want to lock down on my knees and through proper excercise, stretching, and what not I want to prevent or lessen my chance of dibilitating knee pain in my future. I have heard of many supplements to take and i wanted some feed back on them and also some additional ones if you know..
Glucos. Chond.
Vitamin B
Vitamin C
ANY OTHERS?!?!? tHANKLS!!!!!!! :angel:

05-09-2004, 02:18 PM
Pretty good I would stay.

Keep active.
Those Joints love to be used (not abused though)

Your meniscus cartilage acts like a sponge---squishy in/out with activity.

NO RUGBY, FOOTBALL, etc.. adn you will be just fine....

05-17-2004, 12:57 PM
Glucosamine and Condroitin definitely help with joint health. I read this book called the arthritis cure and the doc in the book talks about altermative ways to deal with arhtritis and one method he mentions is glucosamine and chondroitin. one product i tried was tirple flex...its made by that vitamin company nature made. anyway, check out hte book and the supplements. hope they help.

05-17-2004, 07:32 PM
Another supplement to add is turmeric (curcumin) which is a dark orange spice....you can find it in any grocery store in the spice section. It is also available in health food stores in capsules.
It helps alot with inflammation, very effective; I found no side effects with it.

05-18-2004, 05:13 AM
I recommend Flexicose a liquid Gluco/Chondritin supplement in a pleasing grape flavor. Easy to take.

Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2015 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!