PDA

View Full Version : Can young people get alzheimers?

Unidentified
08-25-2004, 08:49 PM
Can people under 30 get alzheimers? I have had very much memory loss and cant remember how to spell things and sometimes forget where I am. I cant remember my name or other ppls names sometimes either. And I am under 30.

LuvMyLilDoggie
08-30-2004, 07:47 AM
Have you told your doctor of this? If so, did he do any tests? There are so many things that can cause memory loss. I highly doubt you have alzheimers. Does anyone in your family have thyroid problems? An underactive thyroid gland can cause these symptoms. Do you have any other symptoms that may seem unrelated?
There are so many things that can cause memory loss. Many of them are easy to treat. So don't worry yourself to death trying to figure it out. Go to the doctor.
Barb

imdunn
09-27-2004, 12:45 PM
Lyme Disease a low B vitamin count, thyroid problems and Fibromyalgia can all cause problems with memory. However, it is extremely rare, but possible to have alzheimers younger than 30 - I did know someone at a message board I used to go to that had it at 26, but I repeat, it's extremely rare!!

Talk to your doctor, have all the tests run that you possibly can. The only true way to know if it's Alzheimers is to rule out the rest :)

Best of luck to you!

Meghan