PDA

View Full Version : Running Pains

liza2
02-20-2005, 08:55 PM
Hi everyone
I run about five to six miles a day and recently have been getting pains in the outsides of my knees, I was wondering if there are any other runners out there that have had this problem. I thought it was weird because it has happend at the same time to both of my knees. Any information would be great thank you!
liza

justanothagirl
02-21-2005, 05:31 AM
Running is hard on the knees... I think they know more about this on the exercise&ftness boards.

Be careful. You don't want to mess up your knees.

Have you been running on a treadmill? Those are awful for your knees... at least, the ones at my gym are.

liza2
02-21-2005, 06:38 AM
yeah i have been running on the treadmill, do u knwo how to move a thread to the fitness board?

Saybrook
02-21-2005, 07:38 AM
I don't run anymore but when I did it was a few miles a day. I started to get the same type of pain as you. I went to the doctor and they said it might be due to not enough potassium in my body. So, I started eating banana and drinking quinine water. It worked for me.

Jess75
02-21-2005, 08:08 AM
Do you stretch and start off slow before you run? First off, I would quit running for a while till you feel better. And maybe, you can consider jogging and walking in intervals. All in all, I would take a break for now. :)

liza2
02-21-2005, 07:27 PM
Yah, I'm sure im not getting enough potassium. I think i am going to take it easy for a while but i have a race this weekend! oh well it wont be the worse thing if i cant run in it. Thanks everyone for your replies!