PDA

View Full Version : Liquid diet

rubato
02-20-2005, 08:58 PM
Hi. I have just had tmj surgery and must be on a non chewing diet for 6 months. Does anyone have advice on what I can eat? It's been about 3 weeks, and I'm completely tired of milk shakes, smoothies, and oatmeal. I've got Slimfast and Ensure, but there's got to be more out there. I'm looking for something non sugary. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks a lot!!! :wave:

justanothagirl
02-21-2005, 05:30 AM
Soup? I'm sure there's millions of different recipes of soups on the internet.

sugar_babygirli
02-21-2005, 02:20 PM
Hmm...yogurt, cottage cheese (well, sorta have to smoosh it with your teeth. :p ), applesauce, grits, smoothies, soups?

mellowfish
02-21-2005, 03:26 PM
Hi. I have just had tmj surgery and must be on a non chewing diet for 6 months. Does anyone have advice on what I can eat? It's been about 3 weeks, and I'm completely tired of milk shakes, smoothies, and oatmeal. I've got Slimfast and Ensure, but there's got to be more out there. I'm looking for something non sugary. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks a lot!!! :wave:

If you were able to invest a little money, there is a great product called a Vita-Mix, there are tons of things you can do with it, and it is a lot healthier for you than plain old juicing.

rubato
02-21-2005, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone. I can only eat cream soups and broth with nothing in them, but will eventually be able to work up to chunkier things. I also can't do cottage cheese yet. But, I do love apple sauce. The grits were great at first, but getting a little old. I think I just reached a point of being overwhelmed today. The thought of 6 months of this is just awful. My husband was going to buy me a Vitamix as soon as I got out of the hospital, but then we saw the price. I think it's worth the investment at this point. Plus, we can sell it when the 6 months is up.
Thanks again.
Tandy