PDA

View Full Version : Yoga?

LS289
02-28-2005, 10:22 PM
I found this Yoga class that I absolutely love and I feel stretched, toned, and relaxed after I do it. If I had my choice, I would do it every single day.
Unfortunately, time does not permit. What do you think a good goal would be of how many times per week to do it? Would I see/feel results from twice a week? Three times a week? It is an hour and a half class...

mf2
03-01-2005, 11:26 AM
I think any amount of yoga would be beneficial...personally I try to go as much as possible! However, the "experts" at my gym recommend going at least three times a week to see/feel the optimum results. I would aim for three classes, and if you can make more, great! There are no disadvantages to going frequently.
enjoy... :)
mf2

LS289
03-01-2005, 11:30 PM
Thanks! Right now I probably go around twice a week so I guess I'll try and squeeze in that extra class!....

girlygirl11
03-02-2005, 04:24 PM
LS you DO NOT have to go to meet a standard...go when you can and feel like it, not because you have to- because you dont.

The Len
03-02-2005, 09:50 PM
Don't forget you can always practice at home every night before you go to bed what you learned in class. In this case, you would be doing it every day if you can fit it in an hour before bed every night.....I don't know your schedule. But that's my two cents on it.

Yoga is like the greatest thing on earth for everyone. A lot of people don't know this but Jesus Christ was a yogi. In his missing years (age 12 to 29), he was said to have travelled to India and the Himalayan mountains where he was known as "Saint Issa" and learned yoga and eastern disciplines from the masters out there. So if it's good enough for the Son of God, I wouldn't hesitate to say everyone should take it if they can fit time in for it.

Jess75
03-03-2005, 06:47 AM
Don't forget you can always practice at home every night before you go to bed what you learned in class. In this case, you would be doing it every day if you can fit it in an hour before bed every night.....I don't know your schedule. But that's my two cents on it.

Yoga is like the greatest thing on earth for everyone. A lot of people don't know this but Jesus Christ was a yogi. In his missing years (age 12 to 29), he was said to have travelled to India and the Himalayan mountains where he was known as "Saint Issa" and learned yoga and eastern disciplines from the masters out there. So if it's good enough for the Son of God, I wouldn't hesitate to say everyone should take it if they can fit time in for it.
Did he really? Was this in the bible? I never knew that. :angel:

AmandaH
03-03-2005, 06:42 PM
I only started doing Yoga 2 weeks ago and I love it. I do see what I have been missing. I am aiming for 3 times per week.

deltoro
03-03-2005, 07:39 PM
I love Yoga, through all the years and diets and exercise I have done, the one thing that has really stuck is the yoga. I am hardcore for awhile then come back to my practice and think what an idiot I was for not keeping it up because it makes you feel so good inside and out, regardless of how advanced or not advanced you are. I have also incorporated the Yoga Booty Ballet tapes in my workout regime and really love those as well, I was a little afraid at first, I am not a big fan of fusion exercise, but this really is a great workout. Keep the yoga up, do as much as you can or feel you are able, it will keep you looking good on the outside and the inside! Good luck to you fellow yogi!

The Len
03-04-2005, 08:52 PM
Did he really? Was this in the bible? I never knew that. :angel:
To the first question: yes. To the second question: no it wasn't. That's why it's called "The Missing Years". It's a controversial topic that is being debated all over the internet. You won't have to look that hard to find any info on it if you're interested in finding out more about it. ;)