PDA

View Full Version : Aloe Vera Juice?????

Hampster21
03-25-2005, 12:11 PM
Can anyone give me some input about this? :blob_fire

superherogirl80
03-25-2005, 12:25 PM
I've never tried it but from what I've read it is basically like mineral oil. It coats your intestines to help digestion and elimination.

justanothagirl
03-26-2005, 10:59 AM
ive been wondering this as well, but its really expensive isnt it?

millpark26
03-28-2005, 05:27 AM
I but it @ Wal-mart. etc. A gallon is about $6.00. It lasts a while 'cause according to the label, you're supposed to drink 2-4 ounces, a day. There's plenty of websites that will make you think that there 100% aloe vera juice is somehow better and change a FORTUNE for it. Don't believe the hype.

Tesss
03-29-2005, 11:30 AM
I tried some cheap stuff and it was nasty! If it isn't well manufactured then it can contain aloin which is a really potent laxative.

If you want to get something that will help you you will need to buy one that is a bit more expensive, that is inner leaf gel only. Whole leaf or outer leaf contains the laxative element even if it says it doesn't. It is impossible to get rid of this from the outer leaf. It should be cold pressed, hand carved/processed. When you look at the drink it shouldn't taste like water. If it is a browny colour that means it has oxidised - like an apple truning brown.
Believe me it is worth paying a little bit more to get something that tastes nicer and is a whole lot better for you.