PDA

View Full Version : Another green tea Q-How much?

Exile
03-29-2005, 12:01 PM
The recent question about green tea got me thinking about something...
I drink a cup-just one-of green tea every day, both for the health benefits and because I just like the way it tastes. However, I have read sutdies talking about the benefits of green tea, and they always talk about some larget amount that you have to drink... from 5-10 cups a day. Does anyone really drink this much? Do you really have to drink more then 5 cups a day to get the antioxidants?

blue1914
03-29-2005, 03:41 PM
You really do need at least 4-6 cups (about 24-48 ozs.) of green tea a day to get the true benefit. I know, the thought of drinking that much hot tea can be daunting. I do two things-one, I will choose a "blend" variety-for some reason, mint and green tea are just naturally complementary flavors which work well together. I choose a mint/green tea blended tea. Two, I will ice my tea. By icing it, it really becomes a "beverage" that I drink through the day. To make it as beneficial as possible, I sweeten it with stevia or honey. It was a little strong at first, now I down much more than 4-6 cups a day.

I'm a little wary of those "super green tea" supplements-they typically concentrate the green tea so much that it's the equivalent of many, many cups. I just recently read an article about how this may cause more harm than good-long and short, 4-6 cups that you drink naturally will likely give you the best overall health effect.

Hitmen
03-30-2005, 08:04 AM
I shoot for 2-3 cups of tea which is a lot for me considering it's not the best tasting stuff out there!

The Len
03-31-2005, 09:17 PM
There's different companies that make different kinds of green tea mixed with different kinds of flavoring. They don't all taste the same.

BallaLoc254
04-02-2005, 09:33 AM
I drink a cup or two a day, i kinda like the stuff but 4-6 seems ridiculous....

since it takes a while to heat the water up and stuff, I decided that if i didn't have the time I'd down (swallow) the whole green tea bag with a glass of water... is this ok? I don't see why not