PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast Issue: Want to try new

nedfrin
03-30-2005, 10:41 PM
I want to be the type that wakes up in the morning, has a frapachino and a scone, and goes to school. I dont want to plan meals; eat heavy foods; and satisfy myself with wholenutritious heavenly fruits. I want to eat like a normal teen.
Im debating about going to starbucks and having a NORMAL frap and a scone. I dont know if it will make me full, or keep me situated... But i know the possibilities; (blood sugar). Gosh, to have an ED, have an OCD, and be a food freak sucks.

veggie girl
03-30-2005, 10:49 PM
If you're gonna eat anything, why not have an egg on wholegrain toast? Thats not too filling and its quick.

Scone is just cake. Save dessert for when you've just eaten dinner.

Lenin
03-31-2005, 05:38 AM
Nothing NORMAL about a STARBUCKS breakfast. The mocha and scone was featured in yesterdays NY Daily News as an example of an awful breakfast with an eyepopping 910 calories. They featured the raspberry scone ant the grande caramel mocha with whipped cream and whole milk and added sugar. The scone alone was 440 calores. The breakfast gives you a high carbohydrate, high fat (39 grams) meal and actually sounds quite nauseating for morning fare.

Try a bowl of oatmeal or a couple eggs. Scrambling them takes less time than paying the bill at Starbucks...and is a LOT easier on the wallet.

tdot
03-31-2005, 12:47 PM
Yeah, I would skip the Starbucks. Have a bowl of good cereal with milk (Eg. Kashi GoLean Crunch), and a piece of fruit.

My favorite breakfast right now is Quaker Cinnamon and Brown Sugar 33% Less Sugar Oatmeal with 1 tsbp of raisins and 1tbsp of walnuts and 1 cup of OJ.

Meacoolgirly
03-31-2005, 01:13 PM
If you dont want to make breakfast, youd rather get something quick.. youd be better going to a bagel place and getting a coffee and an everything bagel with veggie cream cheese! Yum! I know oatmeal and cereal is better, but this is way better for you than a scone and starbucks!!

Losec20mg
03-31-2005, 06:09 PM
we've done our best..cereal with milk takes about 4 seconds to prepare. :)

LS289
04-01-2005, 12:35 AM
I agree with the bagel comment - if you want to have that starbucks "feel" where you wake up and go get coffee and breakfast, try a bagel shop. You can get coffee and a bagel with cream cheese and that is SO much healthier than a scone and a sugary starbucks drink...
I like making eggs and toast or cottage cheese with cereal and fruit, personally, but sometimes I like going to starbucks in the morning and getting that breakfast on the go - there's something about having that cup in your hand! Lol. Good luck...