PDA

View Full Version : what i ate today...! concerned a lil again.

SammyT
04-15-2005, 01:56 PM
hey! well, today was i dunno, i weird day. i went for a 20 minute jog trhis mornin and an hour long walk this aft. tonite i will be doing ab work and lifting weights. but food wise, i dunno...it seems like a lot yet its all healthy. lol. lemme know if u think it;s 2 much or not.

Breakfast:
Bowl of raisin bran cereal in skim milk
Orange juice

Snack:
Apple
Yogurt wuith grapes and raisins
handful of carrots

Lunch:
Peanut Butter sandwhich on whole wheat bread
Orange juice
Yogurt
Fruit to go bar
Special K bar
Raisn bran bar (note ---> i didnt eat this all at once.)

Later on snacks:
Apple
Grapes
Handful of carrots

Supper:
Well i never had supper yet, but i'll be having 3 chicken fingers at the hotel prolly. we're going to the hotel 2nite. rarely happens, so its more like a treat
Diet Coke

and yeah...if i watch a movie tonite or whatever ill prolly have a bowl full of airpopped popcorn. so yah. is this 2 much? i just felt so hungry today!

jade112
04-15-2005, 02:35 PM
Sammy that does not sound like too much to me at all!!! Good Job btw. Sounds very healthy too. I agree with you I am so hungry today as well, no good girl, no good, lol :) Anyways, have a blast at your hotel movie night thingy tonight!!
Keep up the good work.

- Jade

SammyT
04-15-2005, 03:10 PM
hehe okay! i forgot to mention i had 4 crackers with light cheese. and more carrots. haha wow.

bluehen94
04-15-2005, 03:34 PM
Well, it looks like roughly 1800-1900 calories, but for your goals I think its fine.

Losec20mg
04-15-2005, 05:19 PM
sammyt im not going to write what i ate, bacuz you will think im a real pig..lol lets just say about triple what you ate..maybe more :) :(

modert
04-16-2005, 09:03 AM
Its all very healthy food, and its great that you are eating meals and snacks throughout the day. You are NOT eating too much food!

As I have mentioned before, you might want to consider adding a bit more protein to your diet for balance. Add some meat, an egg, tuna, cottage cheese, hard cheese, or even some soy chips (great source of protein).

Losec20mg
04-16-2005, 09:22 AM
ok jdi, where have you been.?? and, soy chips contain protien.??

SammyT
04-16-2005, 10:34 AM
heydee! HAHA well, last nite i also had a big bowl of popcorn and pretzels with diet coke. and yah, ill add more protien. today is going much smoother, i am still snacking but not all at once. i had raisn bran again this mornin, a nutrigrain bar, a fruit bar thinger, and 2 peices of grilled cheese n milk for lunch!:) yum! and tonite, we;re havin CHICKEN!!

modert
04-16-2005, 11:12 AM
ok jdi, where have you been.?? and, soy chips contain protien.??Been very busy at work... But I am still alive and kicking :)

Yes! Soy Chips have TONS of protein. Actually a much better snack compared to most snack bars or popcorn. I am looking at the label now - These are Genisoy Soy Crisps - cheddar cheese - they contain soy flour and rice - but no wheat - can you eat them? If you eat the whole 3.5 oz bag (as I often do) it serves as a meal, with 350 calories, 25 grams of protein, 49 grams of carbs, and 7 grams of fat. (27% protein, 55% carb, 18% fat)

They are a little high in sodium, but not too terrible, and I don't limit my sodium right now, because I drink so much water :)

LS289
04-16-2005, 12:22 PM
SammyT - you are trying to gain weight, correct? It's really great that you have such a great attitude about it. You are eating really healthy things and it's a good idea to be snacking. I agree with JD, though - you should add a little more protein. I've tried those soy crisps and they are really really tasty! If you're feeling like a "carby" snack, but want to squeeze in some protein, they are an excellent choice!

SammyT
04-16-2005, 01:56 PM
Ooo those soy thinegrs sound good. i never really saw em be4. i live in a small town and our store is peeny. but who knows, maybe when we go to the city my mom can buy me some

Losec20mg
04-16-2005, 02:06 PM
Been very busy at work... But I am still alive and kicking :)

Yes! Soy Chips have TONS of protein. Actually a much better snack compared to most snack bars or popcorn. I am looking at the label now - These are Genisoy Soy Crisps - cheddar cheese - they contain soy flour and rice - but no wheat - can you eat them? If you eat the whole 3.5 oz bag (as I often do) it serves as a meal, with 350 calories, 25 grams of protein, 49 grams of carbs, and 7 grams of fat. (27% protein, 55% carb, 18% fat)

They are a little high in sodium, but not too terrible, and I don't limit my sodium right now, because I drink so much water :)

well im glad you'r still around, we lost Jessicca too.. :(..oh well, im gonna have to check for those if I can eat them..im gonna check with my health food store..i also gotta check for ne contamination, ya know. ;)