PDA

View Full Version : What is a good tasting, healthy, and low sugar sweetened yogurt?

Jess75
05-12-2005, 08:19 PM
Hi,
I used to eat yoplait with aspartame, then swiched to the original(pink label yoplait) but it has too much sugar in it. Like, 26 grams or something like that! I don't like the idea of aspartame TOO much, a little is okay but I am an avid yogurt eater. :p What kind of yogurt do you eat that has a moderate amount of sugar that tastes like it's tolorable. ANy recipes are also welcome!! :D

rheanna
05-13-2005, 02:18 AM
Hi,
I used to eat yoplait with aspartame, then swiched to the original(pink label yoplait) but it has too much sugar in it. Like, 26 grams or something like that! I don't like the idea of aspartame TOO much, a little is okay but I am an avid yogurt eater. :p What kind of yogurt do you eat that has a moderate amount of sugar that tastes like it's tolorable. ANy recipes are also welcome!! :D

Jessica,

I tried various brands of PLAIN joghurt with "live cultures" until I found one that wasn't too sour. I can't recommend a brand now, as I live in Germany. Then I added chopped fruit (banana was my favorite) and 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of sugar and a dash of cinnamon. By adding my own sugar, I was using FAR LESS than an already sweetened product would contain, and by adding my own fruit, I was eating FAR MORE than a "fruit flavored" product would contain. Brown sugar has a nice flavor, and I love cinnamon and coriander.

--Rheanna

superherogirl80
05-13-2005, 05:40 AM
I like Dannon's light n fit vanilla. For a quick snack I'll eat it with cereal or fruit.. so good

mellowfish
05-13-2005, 06:13 AM
Plain, organic yogurt with some fruit or a couple drops of stevia extract.

Lenin
05-13-2005, 06:40 AM
Develop the taste for plain yoghurt...it is QUITE delicious. Once you do, all the fruit flavored ones will tast like gooey candy.

Jess75
05-13-2005, 07:53 AM
Thanks guys! I guess I'm being too lazy! I'm going to try all of your advice!

tdot
05-13-2005, 09:28 AM
Try Source Yogurt. It is low in fat (made with skim milk) and sweetened with Splenda. I recommend it to my diabetic patients all the time!

Nixona
05-13-2005, 12:40 PM
Yoplait Light only has 14g of sugar and no fat, 100 calories, that's what I eat right now.

I bought a bunch of fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and whipped it up with some store brand plain yogurt (probably Dannon). It was VERY tough to choke down, and I think it had something like 12g of sugar per serving. I'm going to try some of these suggestions and see if I can find something I like better.

DGO1223
05-16-2005, 03:09 PM
i just use the plain sometimes and doctor it up different ways. BUT...my hands down fav is Blue Bunny sweetened with Splenda.