Message Boards Health Guide Join for Free User Blogs Board Index

View Full Version : Ouch! It hurts! GIRLS ONLY please!

06-14-2005, 09:42 PM
I was just wondering if putting a tampon in is supposed to hurt. I can't get it past like 1/4 of an inch up until it hurts. I've tried lubricating it and I'm putting it in the right place, but it hurts! My doctor even [tried] to put her finger up there to show me, but, still...no luck. Is it because my hymen hasn't broke yet? If so, can I break it to make it easier? I know this sounds silly, but I'm very inept to pain. :) Thanx

06-15-2005, 02:45 AM
Using a tampon is NOT supposed to be painful. ;)

06-15-2005, 03:45 PM
When i first used a tampon it was slightly painful but more of an uncomfortable feeling...i guess because i knew where it was and was thinking about it constantly. What size tampons are you tryong to use? slim? regular? or for heavy flow?

06-16-2005, 10:14 AM
so your doctor could insert a finger? You might just be really tense. Just relax as much as possible, I know it's hard to when your sticking a something foreign into your vagina for the first time :) but it will help you alot. I have a hard time inserting tampons (even after 6 years) if I am dry. Like if I just took out a tampon, I have to wait about 2 hours before inserting another one. My periods are too light to keep inserting tampon after tampon. This might be your problem. Your tampon might be too large for your flow. Try different positions to insert it comfortably. :) Hope I helped!

06-21-2005, 07:54 AM
i too had a lot of pain when i was younger before anything had been inserted before so i would say thats pretty normal for some people try slim fitting ones with a plastic applicator i have found that those are a ton easier to insert

07-02-2005, 08:05 AM
HmmMmmmMm... well, you should just keep trying. You need to go to the drug store and find the TINYEST size tampon that you can, if you can't wear tampons, thats OK too... Pads arn't that bad. :p

07-06-2005, 01:42 AM
I think the most obvious cause of your problem is that your hymen is still there and it is preventing the tampon insertion. I would recommend stretching. Use your fingers and be gentle. It is a less painful way than breaking it.

Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2015 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!