Home
HEALTH CENTERS
Message Boards Health Guide Join for Free User Blogs Board Index
Search

View Full Version : Hit head, feeling weird

cornell2010
07-28-2005, 03:26 PM
Two days ago I was swimming in my pool and I did a flip in the water by the end and I hit the top of my head against the side. I had temporary dull pain in that spot for a little bit but was fine after. Then last night I started getting a headache and now today I have a "confusion" type headache, it's weird... I feel dizzy and my head feels scrambly or something. Not to mention my neck hurts.. mostly in the back but somewhat in the front too. It's also stiff, I can't bend it far. I feel nauseous as well. What does this mean? Is this bad? I don't have a fever or anything but my friend told me I should see a doctor or go to ER because something could be going on internally in my head that could persist into something more severe. Help!

Sponsor

last1
07-28-2005, 05:11 PM
I would take your friend's advice. I work with neurologically, traumatically head injured patients at a Level II Trauma Center in Florida. While I doubt that you did serious injury, I don't know precisely where you struck your head and how fast you hit the side of the pool when it happened. Better to be safe than have a subdural bleed. Go to the doctor or get to the ER. The symptoms are a bit unnerving.chris

cornell2010
07-28-2005, 10:00 PM
Hey, thanks for responding. I think I will go to the ER tomorrow or my doctor but I hit my head pretty hard. I flipped backwards in the water pretty fast and slammed into the side of the pool. I hit the very top of my head. And, I don't know if this is in relation but my upper arm muscles and leg muscles ache and hurt when i grip stuff since then as well.

feelbad
07-29-2005, 04:33 AM
I definitely would follow cflas's advice and go to the ed or your doc for a full eval on your head.At the very least you could have suffered a concussion.a CT or MRI would be the place to start.you ARE showing signs of head injury.Please keep us posted.FB

Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2015 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!