Home
HEALTH CENTERS
Message Boards Health Guide Join for Free User Blogs Board Index
Search

View Full Version : Do I have a yeast infection?

MizzMozart
10-20-2005, 09:11 PM
I honestly do not know what a yeast infection is. I've read the symptoms, but have never had one. I finished my period almost a week ago; after my period I typically experience some itching. But this time it hasn't gone away. I haven't noticed any unusual discharge, but then again I'm not sure what is normal. Tonight when I showed it actually began hurting slightly. The itching is tolerable and comes and goes, but is definitely not normal for me and could become embarrassing if in public. I am not sexually active, so I am positive that it is not an STD. Any ideas? Thanks

Sponsor

KSAS
10-21-2005, 01:56 AM
Personally when I have a yeast infection it itches like crazy... lik to the point where I want to almost claw at myself. I find my discharge is thicker than usual too and kinda lumpy like cottage cheese. Hope this helps

malibu82
10-21-2005, 02:24 AM
Hi, yeah the itching could definitely be thrush, but if you don't have the "cottage cheese" discharge if makes me think that its not.

It could be a simple vaginal irritation. Have you been using a different soap, washing powder, bubble bath etc?

I would buy some vagisil cream for now, IF you are sure it isn't an STD and go to the doctors in a week or so if the cream hasn't soothed it.

Sometimes women do just get vaginal irritations, thats why they sell creams for your genital area.

besafe20
10-22-2005, 08:02 AM
This past year I have had 4 yeast infections. There was only one time I had the discharge and it was thick yellowish. The other times I just had some minor itching and no discharge. It wouldn't go away until I purchased some over the counter stuff. I think my yeast infections were on the outside only and not the inside so that is why I didn't get any discharge with the others.

MizzMozart
10-22-2005, 11:00 AM
This past year I have had 4 yeast infections. There was only one time I had the discharge and it was thick yellowish. The other times I just had some minor itching and no discharge. It wouldn't go away until I purchased some over the counter stuff. I think my yeast infections were on the outside only and not the inside so that is why I didn't get any discharge with the others.

This sounds like my situation. Thank you everyone for your helpful input. I really appreciate it.

Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2015 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!