Message Boards Health Guide Join for Free User Blogs Board Index

View Full Version : cant get rid of belly after baby

01-22-2006, 10:20 PM
ive beendoing really good with my weightloss since i had a baby 3 months ago ive lost 40 pounds, ive been doing billy blanks workout and pilates, but i cant seem to lose the tummy, i can feel the muscles underneath the fat but why can i get rid of the fat on top?? i think my muscles in my tummy have separated from being pregnant (i think it is called diastisis) anyways am i stuck with a saggy belly or is there something that can be done... just thought i would mention that i had a c section...

01-22-2006, 10:30 PM
Keep at it. It just takes some time. Sometimes up to a year or more. The extreme changes caused by pregnancy can take a long time to get back from. Some of it is "baby fat" and some is a matter of allowing time for the skin to tighten back up. Don't get too discouraged. Just be dilligent and patient.

01-24-2006, 09:42 AM
After my first c-section, my belly never looked 100% like it did before. But, I wasn't committed to getting back to normal like I am now. It sounds like you're really working hard and losing 40 pounds is AMAZING!! YAY for you! I hope to lose my 40 pounds as well. I've lost 25 so far and I'm 3 weeks PP.

01-24-2006, 10:51 AM
It took me one year to go back to my pre-pregnancy shape-I put on 45 pounds :eek:. I exercised almost every day; walking, swimming, free wights, etc. Today my daughter is five and my body looks better than ever. Keep exercising, eat sensibly, cut down on the junk food, I am sure you will see progress in time.

Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2015 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!