Message Boards Health Guide Join for Free User Blogs Board Index

View Full Version : Baby Dropped?

02-13-2006, 11:17 AM
I'm having a hard time telling if my baby has dropped. I'm 35 weeks and I lost my mucus plug a few days ago. Since then I've had slight pressure and it's quite uncomfy down below. It actually hurts when I walk at times. Could the baby have dropped? It's hard to tell since I'm carrying low in the first place! I don't see my midwife till weds, but I'd like to have an idea now. I'm going to bring it up to her though, thats for sure! thanks ladies! :wave:

02-13-2006, 12:24 PM
I am not sure, but I am feeling the same things. I feel a LOT of pressure down there when I walk and it can get painful at times. I do not feel the relief in my chest. They say it gets easier to breath? I don''t have that, do you?

I an guessing if not then the baby has not dropped...BUT, I am not sure! :confused: :D

02-13-2006, 01:07 PM
I still wonder this and I am due in 4 days and dilated a fingertip, lol! Everyone says I would just know when the baby drops but it's not always that easy because I too am carrying low to begin with. I think the main indication is if you can breathe a little easier (it's never gonna be completely easy with 7-8 lbs. of another person squishing your organs no matter where they are inside of you!) but I also asked my doctor if the baby has dropped if you can still feel pressure up on your ribs and she said "yep, absolutely." If you can eat more at a time than before that is another indication, and I also notice these sharp stabbing pains way down there on my pelvic bone that only lasted a few seconds...I would say if you experience any of this you probably have but I guess you can never be 100% sure!

02-13-2006, 06:50 PM
Thanks Brooke! My mother made the comment today that my belly was shaped funny..and looked lower! And it is. I stick out more and my belly has dropped some. I actually can breathe better, I noticed I was breathing through my noise for the first time in forever without even knowing I was lol. The pressure is so bad at times it feels like he's going to pop out! I asked my sister but her baby dropped the day she went into labor. I'm going to double check w. my midwife on weds! Hopefully he has:-D

Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2015 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!