Home
HEALTH CENTERS
Message Boards Health Guide Join for Free User Blogs Board Index
Search

View Full Version : Anyone here have restless legs or nervousness

ttwarrior1
10-30-2006, 10:55 AM
Not sure if my bp med is causing it but my bp is almost normal now. Im on verapamil and its not listed as a side effect. Im serious when i say i can shake my legs back and forth and rotate my feet for hours. Ive also doubled my walking but i never had any trouble before.

Also should i be taking calcium and mag before bed

Sponsor

ocdengineer
10-30-2006, 05:03 PM
I've had restless legs. It is just nervousness manifesting itself in your legs. Exercise helps and also medication can help. I would suggest you talk to your doctor. I know when I have RLS, I can't sleep at all and spend most of the night laying in bed. Go for a jog and it will be gone immediately.

ocdengineer
10-30-2006, 05:04 PM
Oh yea. You can also take a cold shower after the run. That also helps.

ttwarrior1
10-31-2006, 08:45 AM
im not taking any more drugs. I am exercising. Nothing natural to take?

ocdengineer
10-31-2006, 11:25 AM
Melatonin will help you sleep.

Kava and Valerian are helpful for anxiety and nervousness. I like to drink the tea, so it adds the effect of the warm tea before bed.

That's all I've got.

tweetee67
11-02-2006, 11:28 AM
I have the same symptom it feels like restless legs. It started about 2 weeks ago. I also take verapamil in the brand form Calan SR I am trying to get off this drug now. I started taking it about 5 months ago. I did find that it does cause muscle cramps and pins and needles. I also get it in my arms. I will see my Dr next week to try something else to control my palpations and high blood pressure.

ttwarrior1
11-02-2006, 02:03 PM
im gonna start taking celery seed tincture when i go off and cayenne

syxx_35
11-03-2006, 08:45 AM
I have to move my legs constantly, when I lie in bed my legs are moving. If I do not move them they start to feel achy and heavy.

Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2015 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!