Home
HEALTH CENTERS
Message Boards Health Guide Join for Free User Blogs Board Index
Search

View Full Version : cough with pneumonia

deinee
01-29-2007, 09:38 AM
My husband was diagnosed almost 2 weeks ago with an pneumonia. He is feeling better, but the dry hacky cough is hanging on. He does have sinus drainage too that might be causing some of the cough. His energy level is still low, but no fever. How long can he expect to continue cough even after most of the infection or virus is gone? He is 52 and a ex-smoker, he quit 7 years ago and this is his first respiratory problem in many years. The cough is improved, but still there. Thank you for any help.

Sponsor

Miss Shoes
01-31-2007, 06:55 PM
My husband was diagnosed almost 2 weeks ago with an pneumonia. He is feeling better, but the dry hacky cough is hanging on. He does have sinus drainage too that might be causing some of the cough. His energy level is still low, but no fever. How long can he expect to continue cough even after most of the infection or virus is gone? He is 52 and a ex-smoker, he quit 7 years ago and this is his first respiratory problem in many years. The cough is improved, but still there. Thank you for any help.My experience with coughing is sometimes mine seems to hang on forever. This last time I had bronchitis it lasted over a month and I still will at times cough and cough until I take some strong cough med. I was real sick In Dec. and hardly over that bout with cough etc. when I got it again and am just now thinking I am over that. I just tho don't have any energy. Of course that has long been my complaint. I also fight rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia which causes FATIQUE. I enjoy all the posts. Thanks to all.
Bootsy

Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2015 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!