03-12-2007, 02:41 AM
What about sex after total hip replacement?:rolleyes:

Ripanco
03-12-2007, 05:09 AM
Fantastic, just as good as before!

Andrea

Baixinha
03-12-2007, 06:08 AM
Do you have any restrictions with positions?

Hoenisch5
03-16-2007, 08:58 AM
Hi...sex as with anything else should be as tolerated. Try it, if it causes discomfort figure out a different position. You should probably stay off the trapeze for awhile though :-) I am 3 months post hip resurfacing and have been having sex since week 4.

Ripanco
03-16-2007, 12:55 PM
Do you have any restrictions with positions?

Most surgeons have you follow your restrictions, such as not going over 90 degrees and crossing knees, for a certain period of time following your surgery. These restriction should be followed in all activities. However you can get really creative and find lots of fun ways to get around the restrictions. Take your time, do not push too hard, but find out what feels safe and good and try to relax and enjoy! [removed]. I had both hips simultaneously replaced, and a new hubby and we were able to resume relations after only 6 days.:D

Andrea

Baixinha
03-17-2007, 05:00 AM
Most surgeons have you follow your restrictions, such as not going over 90 degrees and crossing knees, for a certain period of time following your surgery. These restriction should be followed in all activities. However you can get really creative and find lots of fun ways to get around the restrictions. Take your time, do not push too hard, but find out what feels safe and good and try to relax and enjoy! Standing, guy behind, worked really well for us. Once you have fully healed most of the restrictions are completely lifted and you can do what ever feels ok. I had both hips simultaneously replaced, and a new hubby and we were able to resume relations after only 6 days.:D

Andrea

Thanks Ripanco!!

I'm Portuguese and i have 27 years hold. I had a THR on 07/11/2006.I want to know when can i flex my leg to 90.and if are any limitations for my entire life.
My doctor tells me I have no restrictions, but 15 days after the sirurgie .I dislocated and again after 15 days, now I am scared.
when you start crossing your legs and bending beyond the 90 degree? do you did in the two hips? In what position do you sleep?
Sorry so many questions
sorry by my English, is not very good.

:wave: