Home
HEALTH CENTERS
Message Boards Health Guide Join for Free User Blogs Board Index
Search

View Full Version : Nosebleeds-when to worry?

meremere
07-23-2007, 02:18 PM
I have started getting more frequent nosebleeds this summer. They just seem to start for no reason. I can get them to stop pretty quickly-usually within the first 5 minutes, no problem. I just had another one after 3 weeks without one.

I'm not picking it, or hitting it. I don't have any allergies, and no other symptoms. I was probably getting them about once a week. No bruising or fevers. Its not dry air--we're in the midwest and its pretty humid here.

Any ideas what could be causing this? I don't want to run to the doctor if its pretty common. Any ideas on how to make them not come so frequently?

Sponsor

scott1360
07-23-2007, 02:30 PM
I have started getting more frequent nosebleeds this summer. They just seem to start for no reason. I can get them to stop pretty quickly-usually within the first 5 minutes, no problem. I just had another one after 3 weeks without one.

I'm not picking it, or hitting it. I don't have any allergies, and no other symptoms. I was probably getting them about once a week. No bruising or fevers. Its not dry air--we're in the midwest and its pretty humid here.

Any ideas what could be causing this? I don't want to run to the doctor if its pretty common. Any ideas on how to make them not come so frequently?

Hey Mere. I get frequent nosebleeds but I find if I use a nasal saline solution daily and apply nasal gel it helps a ton. It keeps the nose moisturized. You can also have the blood vessel cautaurized by the doc if it keeps bleeding

alien7
07-23-2007, 05:39 PM
Infections,clotting disorders, blowing your nose alot even hypertention can cause nosebleeds. If they continue maybe you should see a doctor but first try to see what the store has to offer to help with nose bleeds. Most likely it's nothing serious it doesn't take a lot to bust those blood vessels in your nose even a little hot air can cause it.

Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2015 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!