PDA

View Full Version : numbness in pinky and ring finger

bob12575
08-30-2010, 07:29 PM
i have been having alot of numbness for about 2 months now in my ring and pinky finger and sometimes inside of my arm up to my elbow at first it was really mild,but has now become really annoying.I am a musician and it has become really hard for me to get through shows,any ideas on what this could be?

minstrel2
08-31-2010, 05:49 AM
Probably there is an impingement of your ulnar nerve. That can be caused by several reasons, so you should start with having a neurologist consultation. I have ulnar nerve damage due to cervical compression in my spinal cord, but it will take some diagnostic tests to determine the cause for you. I am a musician also, and I understand your concern. I have regained a lot of my function in my fingers after surgery and physical therapy. I still have some tingling and numbness though.

bob12575
08-31-2010, 06:34 AM
thanxs...i noticed that if i put pressure on my elbow my fingers will go numb instantly.I play Bass (finger style and slap)i have lowered my guitar when playing live to keep my arm straight and that seems to help a little.Thanxs again for the info i will give my MD a call to setup appt.