PDA

View Full Version : Blood Pressure

D.Holloway
03-09-2001, 11:53 AM
Hi all. Can anyone tell me how to get your systolic readings down. I always seem to have a high reading or is it a high reading? And should I be concerned about it? My readings are 145/85-149/90. Regards D.H.

TrickyDick
03-09-2001, 12:24 PM
The current thinking in Med. circles is that anything over 140/90 should be treated.
If you want to try and control this yourself with diet and mineral supplements you should inform your doctor first.

Your age has alot to do with how doctors will look at your blood pressure. A lot of the ones I have seen used to only look at the distolic (second or bottom nbr) and say something like "well the first number is higher the older you are". They would then proceed to tell me I didn't have high blood pressure. That is now known to be incorrect and not true.

I am 56 and have a systolic lower than 140. I brought mine down in just a few weeks with diet and supplements.
Peace

D.Holloway
03-09-2001, 12:32 PM
Thank you for your input.My lower one was also high 138/100. However I have brought that down in the 90 range and look forward to bringing it down to normal. As the so called important Dystolic came down, My systolic went up. Anyways I'm 35yrs of age and maybe thats why the doctor has not treated it. Regards D.H.

Ken
03-09-2001, 06:15 PM
Regular exercise (aerobic type)can also help bring your BP down, but if you don't have a regular exercise program already, you should first clear with your doctor.

Ken

------------------