PDA

View Full Version : Oral Sex, HPV, GERD

bobbysingh777
03-31-2013, 03:39 AM
Hi, i am a male, with HPV high risk type in my throat (detected by Dygene DNA test). After I gave oral sex to my female partner I developed GERD symptoms in about 2 days and since then it has been more than 1 year and its just getting worse. I saw another post earlier from another man with the same issue but seemed to be dismissed away. I am convinced that the oral sex was my trigger point to cause the GERD manifestation. I know it sounds wierd but would it have anything to do with my HPV positive status, or could it be a candida infection which resulted post the oral sex (logic being female vagina naturally does have yeast/fungal content)? Would really appreciate if anyone with a logical explanation or experience in this can shed some light. Utlimately, i really want to get to solving the root cause of my GERD (rather than taking antacids/PPIs, etc). Thanks!

CrossMyHeart
04-02-2013, 01:58 PM
This is an interesting topic. I haven't heard of HPV causing GERD before; the usual culprits of GERD include having a hiatal hernia, lazy LES (what I have, got it from my pop), or simply high and low acid levels in the stomach. However, I have heard about candida causing some wild GI troubles for people. I would think that is the more likely case if everything else hasn't been ruled out for you.

bobbysingh777
04-06-2013, 08:42 PM
Hi CrossMyHeart, thanks a lot for replying! I have 2 questions:
1. Yes, I do have hatial hernia. But is hatial hernia something which one has from birth or could the act of giving oral sex, through being in an unusual position (like 69) have triggered it? And is there anything I can do to correct the hatial hernia (i saw some videos on the internet which have massage techniques)...?

2. Is there any test out there i can do to check for a candida infection which would cause these symptoms? My doctor told me its not possible because we have all candida anyways...?

appreciate your advice

CrossMyHeart
04-19-2013, 06:11 PM
Hi, sorry for the late reply. I moved to a new city, therefore I haven't been on here at all. Hope I can still help.

I doubt that sex positions caused you to get a hiatal hernia. As far as I know, you are born with it or you get it later on from placing a lot of pressure in the area over a long period of time.

Again, I've inherited my spazzy LES, so I don't know much about candida and the link to reflux. What I do know is that people who were diagnosed with this issue got homeopathic counseling.

bobbysingh777
04-20-2013, 08:06 PM
Hi CrossMyHeart
Hope you are settling well in your new city. And thanks for replying.
Yes I agree with you that the hatial hernia is likely there from long before.
I'm just trying to find answers of how come the oral sex lead to GERD.
Interesting you mentioned homeopathy. Does homeopathic medicine work for you? Would love to hear your experience
Thanks!
Bobby

CrossMyHeart
04-23-2013, 06:16 PM
I haven't tried any homeopathic methods myself, so I can't offer any advice there. I hope you find the answers you are looking for.

Leo255
04-26-2013, 12:48 PM
I highly doubt the oral sex is the reason...GERD has to do with your lower esophageal sphincter not closing properly...Don't see how oral sex would contribute to that.

kaysum
05-03-2013, 03:58 PM
Hello, lucky you mention this oral sex and GERD. I too, have noticed when I perform oral on my partner, I get flare ups. I mentioned it to my DR. and he said if the sperm is infected with some disease it is possible I get a reaction from it. I try not to swallow any sperm when I am doing it and found that I didn't get flare up. So I have concluded that my partner has something in his sperm that is causing me to flare up.

bonchance
05-08-2013, 02:41 PM
Hi I have often wondered the same question. Think you may be right about Candida as a trigger. I think there is a real difference between cause and trigger, suspect infection would be trigger only. Probably the end effect is the same and removing either would resolve the issue.

Logically if infection is an issue then PPI's and low acid and raw acid irritated LES and so on must all make the region more prone to attack. But no research that I know to deny or confirm what I feel is an excellent concept.

Anyone know if those in sex trade more prone to GERD?

James333
04-20-2014, 11:05 AM
There is quite likely a relationship between hpv and hiatal hernia and thus gerd. Unfortunately the research is lacking in this area, and as yet there is no significant association. However Hpv can weaken the epithelium of the oesophagus and I think it probable that this could contribute to a hernia either by itself or in conjunction with weight training for example. It is linked to Barrett's oesophagus.
High risk hpv also weakens the tissues around the anus, resulting in a thinning of the skin. I wouldn't be surprised if one day researchers linked hpv with anal fissures and haemorrhoids one day.
The reality is that high risk hpv that damages epithelium and persists in the body represents a chronic disease with long term and progressive consequences that develop over years.