PDA

View Full Version : What is this? Can't take it any more..!

OrangeLightning
04-01-2013, 11:10 AM
Hello, just wondering if I can ask for opinions here; I've been suffering for 6 months now and can't go on a minute longer. Everything, and I do mean EVERYTHING I eat or drink makes me worse, so you can imagine how worried I am..!

I've got an awful lot of gas which I can feel as "hunger" of sorts, and it causes some very throaty burps all through the day, even when I first wake up, sometimes leaving a strange taste behind. Trouble is whenever I belch I suddenly get a slightly sore, dry throat and become VERY short of breath, which causes palpitations. Furthermore if I try and take a deep breath I feel like I'm inhaling something small. Often it makes me cough or feels like something's gone up my nose. Worst of all, if the belch is large enough I get a burning sensation in the back of my neck and face and my tongue hurts. Eek! I don't usually get heartburn and I know what my usual indigestion feels like, so...

I've tried Omeprazole, Ranitidine, Lansoprazole, Gaviscon Advance and others, with zero effect. I've been on Setraline for almost 3 weeks as well, and I have a barium swallow/endoscopy coming up but if what I have turns out to be LPR I'll be turned away without an answer! Can all this be anxiety? I hope I'm not in danger of damaging my throat or lungs right now..! It's left me horribly depressed, especially since my symptoms keep changing time to time; I'm only 21 and worried I can never enjoy my life again. :(