PDA

View Full Version : Feel Sick everyday and throat lump

PieFace2013
04-02-2013, 04:56 AM
Hi All,

I'm a 21 year old male, I have started feeling really sick every morning and it gradually gets better over the day, it feels like theres something in my throat when i swallow a bit further down.

I had it before and used Gaviscon after every meal for a week and it went away, I went out drinking and threw up a few times the next day and its come back on, lesson learnt dont drink!

Just wondering does this sound like esophegitis? Im scared its an esophigal ulcer.

I was on Omeprazole before but they made me feel sick and empty, and a little..."weird". I am going back to the docs today, im terrfied of a Endoscopy as I already suffer from anxiety and panic attacks.

Just hope I can have some PPI along with Gaviscon and it will go away :(. Sometimes it hurts just below the breastbone and I will burp and feel ok.

Its just the Nausea ugh driving to work, and feeling sick at work its terrible!

I also had a blood test for H Ployri and diabetes, anemia and thyroid all good etc.

SickinNJ
04-02-2013, 11:28 AM
Hey PieFace2013

That is exactly what I have, try these few things and you should be fine.

First, buy a wedge pillow. It allows you to sleep at a 10 degree incline which helps your stomach acid to stay down so when you get up your not feeling ill.

Second, I would take something like a Zegerid, if Omeprazole 20 mg / make you feel off try this, it has Sodium Bicarbonate in it (tums)- take it at night before you go to sleep

Third, stay away from acidic food, like tomato, Orange Juice, ect...

Finally, go see your doctor. You may have silent GERD.

If you do this you should feel better.

SickinNJ
04-02-2013, 11:30 AM
Hey PieFace2013

That is exactly what I have, try these few things and you should be fine.

First, buy a wedge pillow. It allows you to sleep at a 10 degree incline which helps your stomach acid to stay down so when you get up your not feeling ill.

Second, I would take something like a Zegerid, if Omeprazole 20 mg / make you feel off try this, it has Sodium Bicarbonate in it (tums)- take it at night before you go to sleep

Third, stay away from acidic food, like tomato, Orange Juice, ect...

Finally, go see your doctor. You may have silent GERD.

If you do this you should feel better.

solofelix
04-02-2013, 11:37 AM
Hi,
If you do require an Endoscopy, have no fear I've had four.
I was also scared as I have a problem with swallowing (cannot swallow even the smallest pill),
You are sedated and you are actually asleep before the procedure takes place. I asked for maximum sedation and remember nothing about it. When I came round after it I went home and ate a good dinner I was so hungry. Just a slight bit of wind/gas for a couple of hours but no other symptoms.
I wish you well,

Solofelix.

PieFace2013
04-03-2013, 02:07 AM
Hello,
Thanks for the replies.

I went back to the doctors and she gave me Zantac(Randitine), took my second dose today and still having Gaviscon after meals, I actually feel A LOT better today, so hopefully its healing :).

I will also try that pillow thanks for the idea!

peebles
04-05-2013, 11:34 PM
I just wanted to say thanks for the input and thanks to the person suggesting the wedge pillow... Now I don't have to elevate the whole bed!

P.s. I tend to swallow air when eating and drinking... This is a big contributor to the lump sensation. Now I take smaller sips and bites and it helps a bit.
:-)