PDA

View Full Version : Anxious about GERD symptoms

kemh
05-19-2013, 01:10 PM
Hello all.

I really pray I don't sound like a total anxious wreck here, but I have been recently diagnosed with GERD, but I'm just so scared of the symptoms I'm having. Seen the Drs, but they keep saying it is GERD and I have to give it time and await referral for an endoscopy (petrified of having). I go online to research GERD and it doesn't read as bad as it feels, cue the whole "Is it heart related etc?" then hits the anxiety.

Basically, for months now my chest has been tight constantly, like somebody has punched me right in the chest and I can't breathe and I get out of breath sometimes even talking. It is worse in the morning and night.

Throat feels congested and full of spit (sorry, if this sounds gross) and on my left side it feels like it is tight/sore? As if its closed off? Yet, everything seems to be working fine. Oh and my nose feels congested too and it's painful.

I'm constantly burping or feeling as if I want to burp, even if I barely eat anything and when I do eat I usually feel sick and even more tight chested.

My back and shoulders are aching so bad, along with neck and head ache.

I seriously feel at times as if I'm going to die :( haha. In pain constantly (mainly on the left hand side?) and I just want my life back.

I've been on lansoprozle 30mg for 2weeks now and it hasn't seem to have done anything at all. Today, I've added some ranitidine to it and not noticing anything? Also, I've bought some children's plates and bowls so I can have smaller meals and start following the Dr Kaufman diet.

Please tell me is there anything else I can do? Getting so fed up with this pain :( I've made my medications and medical history available on my profile, if this helps? Has anybody else had this? (Sorry, may just be a stupid question ha)

Lisalilbee
05-19-2013, 01:53 PM
I have been going through the same thing for the last 2 months, it started with shortness of breath and I had no idea it was acid reflux, actually thought I was going to die, but breathing got better, then had sore throat , saliva production , a lump in throat which feels like I'm choking, blood in saliva at night which really freaked me out, neck pain, shoulder pain, sleepless nights, so I know exactly how you feel, but the symptons seem to be changing, and getting slightly better, exercise, swimming and going in the steam room seems to help with breathing , and I'm on omeprazole but a Double dose, which helps excess saliva plus I notice stress makes it worse, and I have taken a week off work, which has helped, but I have to have an endoscopy which I'm also dreading, hope this helps x

sparkletee
05-20-2013, 08:51 AM
I too am worried about the GERD symptoms feeling like a heart attack I get the tightness feeling in my chest and back,I have a constant pain in my back on the left side sometimes the right shoulder,feeling like I have to throw up,headaches, heartburn in my chest and back, ringing in my ears and I'm a nervous wreck every time I get a pain thinking it's a heart attack my anxiety is way out of control now I scared to go out anywhere fearing I will get the chest pain leading to a heart attack I've had so many tests done for my heart and they all say i'm fine but I'm still scared this is the worst condition to have to live with I often cry but I just wanted you to know you are not alone. this is a scary situation I'm scheduled for a endoscopy on 5/28/13

Stretch1one
05-22-2013, 07:06 PM
I also have had the same thing all the test but you can't help but think heart attack
I feel all your pain you are not alone.