PDA

View Full Version : LPR, Acid Reflux Diet and Coffee

GrouchoFields
05-29-2013, 11:13 AM
I was recently diagnosed with LPR and my ENT doc put me on a pretty restrictive diet. He also prescribed 2 - 40 mg tablets of pantoprazole a day. I also have high cholesterol and high blood pressure. The bad news is that a lot of foods that are good for reducing high blood pressure are bad for acid reflux, such as onions and garlic. I have also really cut down on coffee, both caf and decaf, down to about 4 or 5 ounces a day. Does anyone know if coffee blended with chicory would be considered to be more safe for acid reflux than regular coffee?

TheMoleFromLDN
05-31-2013, 05:12 AM
Hi!
I have a really bad news for you - unfortunately coffee is one of the worst offenders. It is very acidic and you should quit - at least for the time being.

You maybe able to have one a week at a later stage but gone should be one a day times.

Need to eat a lot of green vegetables - best raw or steamed.
During the flare up keep only to that - I know this is a nightmare and you will feel like you are eating grass most of the time.

Look into alcaline diet it really helps and after sometime you will crave the healthy stuff, your skin & hair will improve and people will tell you how great you look.

Beginning is very depressing but it gets better.

I was diagnosed with LPR in April 2012 and still struggle - the coffee thing is the worst :(

All the best,