PDA

View Full Version : Acid Reflux & Eosinophilic Esophagitus

vovin
05-29-2013, 02:08 PM
Does anyone on the boards suffer with both of these?

I'm 24, don't drink alcohol, don't drink caffeine, non-smoker, not overweight - and i have gotten constant acid reflux over the past 2 weeks, just about non-stop.

I've seen a doctor before about this and he gave me Tecta (acid reducer) but it seems like the stuff just makes me worse.

The only red flag I see looking back is I got acid reflux for the first time when I started going to the gym. Perhaps some kind of abdominal exercise gave me hiatal hernia or something.

On top of that my tongue is always sheer white and my teeth have gotten very sensitive - probably due to the enamel being destroyed.

If you have both of these, what have you done for treatment?

sadgirl74
06-16-2013, 07:26 PM
I have both. I take flovent for the food allergy throat and pepcid at night but am getting tight in between my chest's from the reflux. So i may have to go and have that loosened up. God help me. So tired of this all. I dont even want to be here any more either, like many others have also said.

vovin
06-19-2013, 06:23 PM
It seems like we are a small bunch. I have trouble feeling like this is a normal thing that I will overcome. It's been almost a year since i've had this problem and it has only gotten worse.

Sometimes my chest is really tight and even when i swallow a bit of saliva my chest will make this croaking noise, like it can barely squeeze through. But my main problem is my esophagus is always sensitive with burning/itching feeling. I'm never comfortable at any point in time.

I took flovent for a little while but my allergist told me it is not very effective because it doesn't coat the esophagus well. Instead he gave me liquid budesonide to swallow. It sticks to the esophagus better. You might want to ask your doctor about that. It is not a brand of medicine, it's just budesonide mixed with packets of sucralose for flavor.

DShultzTx
06-20-2013, 04:01 AM
I have suffered with Acid Reflux (aka GERD) since I was in Jr. High and have done so for the past 30 years, it is a pain to live with but can be done. I have been on so many different medicines for this from Nexium to Previcid to Zegrid all of them work to a point but the most important factor that I have found is the reduction of stress and the changing of my eating habits, I have started a year ago a journal of what foods trigger my attacks in order to help prevent future attacks and when I have a food that has multiple items in it I journal the items down individually and continue to try them until I find the one or two who cause my problem. I also have raised the headboard of my bed to give the bed a 5 degree slant in order to help me sleep at night. I also stretch before exercising and have learned to do some relaxation techniques to calm the world around me to prevent stress from triggering these attacks. The only thing I can tell you though is that the medicine is a temporary fix and this problem is a life long one, so in order to live with this you have got to look at everything in a fine detail, best of luck to you and hang in there it will get better.

danabarb
06-21-2013, 10:56 AM
All those medications for acid reflux do is numb one for a short time. I speak from experience. I was diagnosed with acid reflux some time ago and the dr. told me to take one Prevacid, which I did. Some time later, I had to go back to him to tell him it was not working. Of course, he told me to take two. I came home and searched the Internet and found a Digestinol, which is very strong aloe vera. Started taking that and threw the Prevacid away and have not taken it since. Aloe vera is a healing substance and does wonders. I could not drink coffee before taking aloe vera and now can have two and a half cups in the morning. If you cannot afford the Digestinol, go to your local store and buy some aloe vera and take three times a day. You will notice a big difference and will not have to bother with a special diet.