PDA

View Full Version : GERD - Anxiety

DubaiEx
06-23-2013, 01:58 PM
Hi,
I am on 2 x 40mg Nexieum a day for GERD. I also have chronic sinusitis and I am on saline nasal spray and also coming to the end of 1g twice a day of Augmentin for another sinus and ear infection.

I have a lot of gas and pass very very loose stools. I have had these symptoms for a year now and they are getting worse not better on a daily basis. I even feel when I am out that I am having Mini Panic / Anxiety attacks (shakes felling lightheaded and faint). it is coming to the point I don't want to leave the house!

I am 34 year old male .... what a life to live at the moment

sparkletee
06-23-2013, 02:47 PM
I know how you feel I too am scared to leave my home sometimes It gets so crazy at times but it sounds like you have minor symptoms so be thankful for that because I suffer from chest pain,left arm pain, back pain, pains in my jaws,headaches, sweating,really bad heartburn,and worst of all dealing with the fear that it not GERD but a heart attack with every pain, but how I deal with it is to take one day at a time some days will be good and some will be very bad. This is just a given that we all have to get used to, so I hope that you begin to feel better and remember just take one day at a time.

MountainReader
06-23-2013, 04:06 PM
I had chronic allergies and sinus infections for 13 years. My sinus infections were always attributed to my severe allergies. I had reflux surgery in 2008. I've only had 2 sinus infections since then. I had absolutely no idea how much of an impact the acid reflux could actually have on the sinuses. Just something to keep in mind.

I understand your anxiety issues. I agree that it is good to take it a day at a time and a step at a time to address your underlying issues.

As for the loose stools, do you know when they started? In my case, I've been on all of the PPI's x 2. Nexium was the very worst for me. It gave me extreme GI issues. I was having diarrhea up to 20 times a day when I took it. Even when I switched from the Nexium, it took me a very long time to regulate and I now have a diagnosis of IBS. Just something to consider.

edatmtl
06-24-2013, 01:57 PM
Ya, I had that as well. Still get have anxiety from time to time. But it was a lot worse when i was on Nexium. Been off it for 4/5wks. Currently using Zantac 75mg at nights and do i feel a lot better.