It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arm, Wrist & Hand Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2011, 09:40 PM   #1
(male)

tripp26x HB User
forearm fractured metal plate pain

i had fractured my forearm in an industrial accident where a machine landed on my forearm and snapped the ulna and radius in half. i had surgery january 28th. it's been roughly 11 and 1/2 weeks since the surgery.

I still feel weird sensations in the forearm when i rest the plate on my forearm against a table. my surgeon said i will have to go back into surgery for a bone graph, but that is for the radius side. Is it fairly normal to experience this pain? And I'm getting a puppy in the next 6 weeks, just curious if it will be terrible for my arm if i pick it up with both arms.

Old 05-25-2011, 07:32 AM   #2
(male)

GT2 HB User
Re: forearm fractured metal plate pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripp26x View Post
i had fractured my forearm in an industrial accident where a machine landed on my forearm and snapped the ulna and radius in half. i had surgery january 28th. it's been roughly 11 and 1/2 weeks since the surgery.

I still feel weird sensations in the forearm when i rest the plate on my forearm against a table. my surgeon said i will have to go back into surgery for a bone graph, but that is for the radius side. Is it fairly normal to experience this pain? And I'm getting a puppy in the next 6 weeks, just curious if it will be terrible for my arm if i pick it up with both arms.
Interestingly, I'm experiencing something similar, after having a plate fitted to repair a broken forearm in March.

I get intense pain if I slightly bump the arm or lift something in an awkward way. An xray shows that the bone has mended and there appears to be no other damage. The surgeon suggests that the problem is down to nerve damage and will settle in time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2011, 12:16 PM   #3
(male)

tripp26x HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT2 View Post
Interestingly, I'm experiencing something similar, after having a plate fitted to repair a broken forearm in March.

I get intense pain if I slightly bump the arm or lift something in an awkward way. An xray shows that the bone has mended and there appears to be no other damage. The surgeon suggests that the problem is down to nerve damage and will settle in time.
I wouldn't worry about it mate. It's funny, I had all kinds of weird feelings in my fractured forearm, I move to England to be with family and my arm healed 100x faster than I was expecting.

But I know what you mean, I'd rest assured if your surgeon says its just the nerve damage and it will heal, it will heal. These things heal with a blink of an eye I swear. My wrist couldn't even go up since my accident, I wake up one morning and it can go up. Amazing how the body works.

Old 05-26-2011, 12:36 AM   #4
(male)

GT2 HB User

Thanks, that's reassuring!

Closed Thread