It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arm, Wrist & Hand Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2011, 02:05 PM   #1
(male)

johnny34 HB User
Ulna fracture--new pain after 2 weeks

I broke my ulna 2 weeks ago (clean break, minimally displaced) and up until yesterday have had no pain after having the cast put on. I haven't been wearing my sling often because it causes neck and back pain, and my shoulder has been able to support my long arm cast. Yesterday I began feeling an intermittent burning and aching pain at the site of the break. The pain is not associated with any movements and seems to be random nerve pain. This is not excruciating, but it is alarming considering that this is the first pain i've had since the cast was put on. Is this just part of the healing process, or a byproduct of my elbow and wrist being immobilized? Any cause for concern?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2011, 10:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

james079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB User
Re: Ulna fracture--new pain after 2 weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny34 View Post
I broke my ulna 2 weeks ago (clean break, minimally displaced) and up until yesterday have had no pain after having the cast put on. I haven't been wearing my sling often because it causes neck and back pain, and my shoulder has been able to support my long arm cast. Yesterday I began feeling an intermittent burning and aching pain at the site of the break. The pain is not associated with any movements and seems to be random nerve pain. This is not excruciating, but it is alarming considering that this is the first pain i've had since the cast was put on. Is this just part of the healing process, or a byproduct of my elbow and wrist being immobilized? Any cause for concern?
You most likely have the pain because your arm is down most of the time and impairing the circulation.
If you are not going to wear the sling you must elevate the arm as much as possible during the day and to lots of finger flexing and extending and making fists.
James

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread