It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arm, Wrist & Hand Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2011, 09:40 PM   #1
(female)

Reptilegirl86 HB User
Unhappy ulna surgery gone wrong

I have now had surgery done on both arms to get the ulna straightened. The left arm was done in the middle of march of this year and the right was done in the begining of july, also done this year. Both were curved inwards and made the ulna sit ontop of the other bone in my wrist causing a lot of pain and the loss of all cartilage. My left arm healed very fast and was more than halfway healed within 4 weeks after surgery. The right arm however is not wanting to heal at all. I have now been in a cast for a few days shy of 5 months and still in a lot of pain and my arm still swells up. There is also a decent sized lump where they removed the pie shaped peice of bone which my doctor doesn't know what's causing that along with the not healing issue. Eating habbits are still the same as they were when they did the left arm, only difference is I'm being good and not using it as much as I did my left. A month ago my doctor mentioned that he may have to ge back in and put a bone graft in if it doesn't start to improve. He put me back in a long arm cast for another 5 weeks (I've been in a long arm cast for the whole time except for a month). This past Tuesday I went in for a follow up and it was confermed that I have to go in for another operation to get the bone graft done. If this happened to the first arm I would have never had the other one done, the amount of pain from it is worse than the c-section I had with my daughter and surgery I had done to put a nerve back together in my finger combined!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2011, 04:51 PM   #2
(female)

wpooh44 HB User
Re: ulna surgery gone wrong

do you have numbness and tingling in your arm and hand as a result ? If so, what have they done for you ?

Old 12-01-2011, 05:33 PM   #3
(female)

Reptilegirl86 HB User

No theres no numbness or tingling, just a lot of pain.

Old 12-02-2011, 11:10 AM   #4
(female)

leanne592004 HB User

I kinda know what your going through. I had a scafoid excision in my right dominant wrist with a 4 bone fusion last November 2010. Now Im looking at a total bone fusion with a graft from my hip due to the wrist bones rubbing bone on bone with the ulna. Surgery is set for December 19th 2011. I am scard to death to have this graft done from my hip i heard it is very painful. The frustration of surgery failing and to go through all that pain again with being in a cast for another 4 to 5 months not to mention the pins involved to hold everything together till it fuses and then the pain of having them pulled out. My heart goes out to you

Old 12-02-2011, 02:25 PM   #5
(female)

Reptilegirl86 HB User

Good luck with your surgery, they'll be doing mine sometime in january.

Old 12-02-2011, 03:02 PM   #6
(female)

wpooh44 HB User

Best of luck on the sugery. It seems when it comes to nerves there can be a host of problems.
I find this group very interesting, it helps to know your not alone when weird things are going on that your doctor cannot explaine !

Closed Thread