It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arm, Wrist & Hand Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2012, 01:12 PM   #1
(female)

rebscott HB User
Pain in Wrist

Hi all, I am looking for some advice, I twisted my left wrist earlier on today, I was leaning on the bath and twisted my left wrist as I went to move quickly as I dropped something into the bath! My wrist is very painful now, I cannot turn it to look at it, I have to move my whole arm, it is on the litle finger side of my left wrist. I cannot bear weight or pick anything up, it also hurts and there are pains shooting up to my elbow, now I know I need to see a Dr but it is night time and I didn't think it would hurt to seek some advice in the meantime, is there anything I can do? Thank you.

Last edited by rebscott; 03-05-2012 at 01:13 PM.

Old 03-05-2012, 05:23 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
Re: Pain in Wrist

It certainly sounds like you should have it examined.

Until you can do that, I recommend icing it frequently and taking anti-inflammatories. If you have the materials a wrap or splint would probably be a good idea as well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2012, 07:35 PM   #3
(female)

ladywolford HB User
Re: Pain in Wrist

Sounds like you might have pinched a nerve a little like carprel tunnle syndrome (misspelled?). It hurts right in the wrist. Mine is worse on right. I get pinky and middle fingers feels like they have been twisted. Then they swell and hurt like they are fractured. Try heating rub good over the counter pain killer. wrap it up keep it warm keep it elevated above your waist.The less the pressure the better it feels.

Reply Reply