It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arm, Wrist & Hand Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2012, 08:19 PM   #1
(male)

RonPopeil HB User
Elbow pain years after posterior radial plate surgery

When I was 13 years old I was hit by a drunk driver while rollerblading. I fractured my right radius about an inch away from the elbow joint. The bone fractured completely through and had to be set with a plate. I was told by the surgeon that only five of the six screws are set in the plate because of the complication of the operation.

It's now 15 years later and I'm experiencing pain and uncomfortable sensation in my right elbow. Sometimes the cracking sensation builds to the point that it's painful but won't crack. It does pop quite frequently sometimes multiple times an hour. I experience a fair amount of pain as well. Sometimes after work (i wait tables) my right elbow and lower arm will be very painful. I feel stiffness in my wrist and fingers and if I try to crack my wrist or thumb I can feel a painful cracking sensation in my elbow. I can also trigger this pain by flexing my forearm and twisting my wrist. Like reving a motorcycle. As far as treatment my arm seems to respond best to heat and NSAID's. Specifically Aleve.

I'm posting because this situation is becoming more severe. The pains have spread outside of my elbow to my hand and shoulder and, at the same time, have intensified. I'm hoping to figure out exactly what's going on, as this is most likely related to my past injury, and how to live with it.

Closed Thread