It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2003, 12:19 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Rorie HB User
How to know what kind of arthritis you have?

I would soooo appreciate any help you can give. I am a 30 year old mother who has developed some odd symptoms since having a baby a little over a year ago. I have finally decided it is some sort of arthritis...the doctors haven't been able to determine what it is yet. When the weather turns cold like around October I have joint pain in my knees and hips...and my ribs ache and I have flashes of pain in my jaw and cheekbones. I also have flashes of chest pain on the right side at about the same time, and something in my throat annoyingly swells at about this time also. It lasts off and on all winter and into spring. I thought I was "cured" during the summer, but it came back in October again. The right side of my chest is tender to touch at this time also. My knees don't swell or turn red or anything, just ache. I had achy knees all my life and never thought much of it, but now something much more severe is happening. How would my doctor figure out what kind of arthritis it is...also I have heart palpitations sometimes (really rapid heartbeat) and I also have protein in my urine...could either of these two symptoms be a part of arthritis? thanks for any responses!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2003, 07:33 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
Arthritis

Go to a rheumotologist for diagnosis. Most likely you have what is called "Fibromyalgia" or more commonly known as rheumatism by older doctors in the past.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread