It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2003, 10:58 AM   #1

TTeri HB User
Question Any suggestions with these sypmtoms?

I have been experiencing sometimes severe pain in my joints with swelling and cracking/popping in my joints. neck,jaw,shoulders,elbows,wrists,hands,h ips,knees and ankles. Some joints are worse than others and some days are worse than others. This is accompanied with low back pain.The pain is worse upon waking in the AM,after a nap or staying in one position too long
I have controlled hyperthyroidism(4yrs. now)soon to have radioactive iodine treatment. I didnt know i was not suppose to be on hyperthyroid meds this long. I have been very active most of my life. Im 39,female,non smoker,non drinker. I have been through the gammut with the ortho Dr. for back pain.All he could find was that i have normal degenerative bone disease normal little bulges of disks for my age A small annular tear but nothing to implicate surgery. Now sent to internal med.who is now sending me to a Reumatologist. I have had 1 or 2 tests done for some type of arthritis that came back neg.After reading through this board and searching the net for info im still confused.I have been on so many NSAIDs i forgot all the names.Im currently on Vioxx 50mg.once a day(i take 2 sometimes) with little relief. I have tried to see where i fit in the Arthritis dept. My mother was diagnosed with Lupus this year but i have read this is controversial as far as hereditary. Does anyone have any suggestions? My appnt. is the 18 of this month (Nov.03) I dont know what to ask for or anything other than state what i've stated here. Thank you in advance for any help
Teri

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-15-2003, 01:47 AM   #2
(female)

HvnsAngel HB User
Sounds like Fifth Disease. The dr can test for the Parvo B Virus in your blood. My husband has had it now for 6 months! Good luck.

Old 11-15-2003, 06:51 PM   #3

FlowerFairy HB User
Flowerfairy

Hi TTeri,
I have arthritis and I was recently diagnosed with lupus. I have learned that arthritis is one of the many symptoms of lupus. It's my understanding that it's not necessarily hereditary,but some families are predisposed and sometimes,but not always something triggers flare-ups like the sun,stress,surgery,etc. It's very hard to diagnose and can take years to do that b/c it can resemble many other diseases. I hope you don't have it. Good-luck!

Last edited by FlowerFairy; 11-15-2003 at 06:57 PM.

Old 11-16-2003, 03:53 PM   #4

TTeri HB User
FlowerFairy, thanks for the info.Im seeing that this is one of those roads where you sit back and hang on and wait,wait, wait. Teri

Closed Thread