It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2003, 06:49 AM   #1
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 4
DownyFresh HB User
Weight Gain from Bextra

I recently started taking Bextra. I've been taking it for a month. I read that one of the side effects is a sudden increase in weight gain; to report it to your doctor immediately. I want to know what is in the Bextra to make you gain weight. I already have a weight problem; and I just need to know if anyone has experienced a change in their weight after being on Bextra for a while. I would really appreciate anyone's help out there!
I'm Downyfresh; or you can e-mail me personally at:
[email]dsatchell@mart.k12.tx.us[/email]

 
Old 11-14-2003, 03:55 PM   #2
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 11
Kelley79 HB User
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownyFresh
I recently started taking Bextra. I've been taking it for a month. I read that one of the side effects is a sudden increase in weight gain; to report it to your doctor immediately. I want to know what is in the Bextra to make you gain weight. I already have a weight problem; and I just need to know if anyone has experienced a change in their weight after being on Bextra for a while. I would really appreciate anyone's help out there!
I'm Downyfresh; or you can e-mail me personally at:
[email]dsatchell@mart.k12.tx.us[/email]
DownyFresh,
I take bextra and I have no had any increase in weight. The possible weight gain could come from water weight all of these types of medications affect the Kidneys. Bextra is one of the newest medications most people start at 10 mg one time per day. You need to drink plenty of water at least 8 glasses per day. I am taking 20 mg per day. It has worked very well for me I move much better. I also have had fusions of disc C5,6 and 7 with screws and metal plate. So I am only 14 weeks post-op. Just keep tabs on you meds and if you have any problems all your doctor.
I do know several folks taken this med and they are doing fine with it.
There are less side affects to bextra then any of the other meds for this condition.
Kelley79

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 11-14-2003, 06:48 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: San Diego, Ca.
Posts: 1,828
sunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB User
Weight gain from Bextra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelley79
DownyFresh,
I take bextra and I have no had any increase in weight. The possible weight gain could come from water weight all of these types of medications affect the Kidneys. Bextra is one of the newest medications most people start at 10 mg one time per day. You need to drink plenty of water at least 8 glasses per day. I am taking 20 mg per day. It has worked very well for me I move much better. I also have had fusions of disc C5,6 and 7 with screws and metal plate. So I am only 14 weeks post-op. Just keep tabs on you meds and if you have any problems all your doctor.
I do know several folks taken this med and they are doing fine with it.
There are less side affects to bextra then any of the other meds for this condition.
Kelley79
Hi Kelley:

I didn't gain any weight from Bextra either. However, I do have other side effects that prevent me from taking it daily. It makes my skin burn and tingle which drives me absolutely nuts. I'm very sensitive to meds. and these things are listed as rare and unusual side effects. I'll probably take one tomorrow though since my knee pain is returning with a vengeance.

 
Old 11-16-2003, 05:47 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 11
Kelley79 HB User
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine123
Hi Kelley:

I didn't gain any weight from Bextra either. However, I do have other side effects that prevent me from taking it daily. It makes my skin burn and tingle which drives me absolutely nuts. I'm very sensitive to meds. and these things are listed as rare and unusual side effects. I'll probably take one tomorrow though since my knee pain is returning with a vengeance.

Sunshine,

Besure to let the doctor know about the burning and tingles to the skin. there maybe something else that will help. I will be thinking about you and hoping that you will feel better soon.
Kelley79

 
Old 11-18-2003, 11:47 AM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 20
radclerk HB User
I love BEXTRA it works wonders.

 
Old 11-19-2003, 09:02 AM   #6
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 4
DownyFresh HB User
Thanks so much for taking the time to reply; I really appreciate it.

 
Old 11-19-2003, 09:04 AM   #7
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 4
DownyFresh HB User
Thanks so much for taking the time to reply; I feel a little dumb right now; after reading about your conditions; makes my condition sound like a earache.

Last edited by DownyFresh; 11-19-2003 at 09:05 AM.

 
Old 11-19-2003, 09:20 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: San Diego, Ca.
Posts: 1,828
sunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB User
Weight gain from Bextra

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownyFresh
Thanks so much for taking the time to reply; I feel a little dumb right now; after reading about your conditions; makes my condition sound like a earache.
Hi everyone: I don't think it's the Bextra that makes my skin burn and tingle b/c I stopped it for 5 days and didn't feel any different. I asked a Pharmacist how long Bextra stays in your body once you stop taking it and he said 3-4 days. So, I'm back to taking it on a daily basis again.

 
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Vioxx, Celebrex, Bextra OV TX Back Problems 13 04-14-2005 01:08 AM
Does Neuorotin Or Mobic Cause Weight Gain? Dealing in Pa. Back Problems 8 03-24-2005 06:30 AM
Is anybody taking BEXTRA? AtlantaBlue Arthritis 12 11-16-2004 04:56 PM
Anyone have trouble getting off of Elavil? Weight gain? Golfinggirl Depression 2 10-02-2004 01:52 AM
Bextra and high blood pressure sunshine123 Arthritis 0 06-04-2004 10:38 AM




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Sign Up Today!

Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

I want my free account

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:20 PM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!