It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2003, 04:53 AM   #1

jdeiter HB User
Question Methotrxate and Lung Involvement

Has anyone expereinced side effects the affceted ther lungs whil eon methotrexate? If so, what did you feel and how were you helped?

Recently I have been experiencing an arthritic falir, and I have been expereincing allot of fatique as well as feelign as if my chest is heavy.

Thanks

Old 06-01-2011, 09:52 PM   #2
(female)

Trenity HB User
Re: Methotrxate and Lung Involvement

I have RA and a few years back I tried methotrexate pills each friday for three weeks in a row then stopped abruptly as I started to cough...and the cough lasted for three months so I never tried taking it again. I must add that I was 56 at the time and have copd. I hope this helps. Trenity

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2011, 06:44 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User

Ra normally makes you very, very fatigued and can affect the lungs as well. So it might be the Ra and not the drug. I've been on MTX for over 6 years with my main problem being GI problems. But I stop it and take a vacation from the drug for a month or 2 and then I'm fine to re-start. I take it along with the biologic drug, Orencia.

Call your doc and ask what to do and if they think it's the drug or the Ra. MTX can affect the lungs so it's important to know which it is.

Jenny

Old 07-04-2011, 01:03 PM   #4
(female)

lizzar HB User

I was prescribed this a few months ago .I noticed a breathless feeling a bit like suffocating nearly, nearly straight away-next day.I have asmtha though.It was quite debilatating but wore off a few days after each dose.It got less and less each time I took it,Though it was a welcome relief when I came off it it was like coming up for air.I came off it for other reasons though to do with blood tests.I dont know whether the breathing would have got better over time when I got used to it.It could do .I had to ring the methotrexate help line.Sounds like you might need to just to log how you are feeling.Helpline is at the hospital that prescribed it intially.Hope you feel better soon

The following user gives a hug of support to lizzar:
Trenity (07-04-2011)
Closed Thread