It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2003, 06:36 PM   #1
Inactive

TSTANG89 HB User
Question RA Question

I'm trying to obtain as much info on RA as I can. I know it can hit anyone between the age of 25-55. Im 32. The symptoms I have currently are extreme joint stiffness and constant mild pain. If I sit for more than 30 mins, I'm in pain. I get excersise weekly. The pain is mainly in my hips and legs but it's also in my arms. What I notice the most is that I'm in pain while trying to fall asleep. My hands seem to go numb at times. I have tried taking OTC meds for help. I'm trying some Vioxx now. I take the 50mgs but it doesn't seem to help me. Could this be early RA or something else. I will be going to get some bloodwork this week. At first I thought it was the flu or that I was working too hard, not sleeping enough but this has been going on now for a few months. (((( - - - removed - - - )))) I swear we are our own worst enemies! I'm almost afraid to ask any of the docs I work with or even go to my own doc. Crazy I know! I just can't be sick with anything right now. I have too much going on. Don't we all

Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by moderator2; 11-16-2005 at 08:09 PM. Reason: please read and follow the posting rules

Old 11-21-2003, 05:35 PM   #2

Kelley79 HB User
Re: RA Question

Taylor,
RA well my grandmother has RA really bad when she had my father. My father and my sister and I all have RA. My sister is now in remission Thank God. I have had neck fusions and plates put in. I have great difficulty sleeping at times with pain in my shoulders, hips and legs. I find it difficult to sleep sometimes for days. I started PT and using warm water has been a blessing. After PT I am able to rest and sleep for a while.
I have been told that it is inheired from my father. I am learning to deal with the pain and try to lead a normal life. I also find it hard to be in one position for a long period of time. Weather changes from warm to cold or thunder storms really cause me a lot of pain. RA is where you have inflammation of the joints I have it in my spinal cord. I do not know if this has helped but I can say I feel your pain. I wish you luck
All yes the big one stress can cause major flare ups. At times I am unable to move at all for a few days. Remember that being to busy can be your worst night mare take the time to find out. RA can be tested by blood work up.
Kelley

Last edited by Kelley79; 11-21-2003 at 05:38 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2003, 08:08 AM   #3

r and r mom HB User

Taylor, My suggestion is to get treated as fast as possible and to be aggressive and informed. I've had RA for 3 1/2 years and because my physician knew my family background sent me to a Rheumatologist as soon as I finally talked to him. I too was afraid and waited way too long to seek any help. Once I was diagnosed, and started treatment (Methotrexate) I eventually felt better than I had in months. They say if you can get RA undercontrol within the first 2 years, the chances of not suffering is greatly increased. So, get informed and seek a doctor's advise. P.S. I have never tested positive for RA factor, and it took my Mom a year to have RA factor in her blood stream.

Good Luck!

Old 11-25-2003, 09:06 PM   #4
(male)

Bob2 HB User

I don't have RA. I have OA. I was limping 2 years ago because my left knee hurt. I am interested in herbs and happened to come across a book written by Dr. James Duke, the author of the book Green Pharmacy. The title is something about Essential Herbs. He wrote about Turmeric standardized to 95% Curcumin. He has RA and found that the turmeric helped him tremendously. You need to take enough capsules in divided doses to get at least 1200 miligrams per day. If you have gall bladder or bile duct problems you may not be able to do this. You should start very slow and build up over several weeks to the optimum dosage. This can be rather expensive, but the cheapest source I have found is Vitaminshoppes and the store brand.

I am walking with no limp and doing very well. I have no connection to the store I mention above.

Closed Thread