It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2003, 12:28 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

mochi* HB Usermochi* HB User
PMS making arthritis worse>?

Hi, I am in my twenties and have post-traumatic hip arthritis. Before my injury, I had bad cramps in my lower back during my period. Now, the pain spreads throught my hip, and is very bad. It is much wore during my period then any other time. Has anyone else found this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2004, 03:10 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

niecsey HB Userniecsey HB User
Re: PMS making arthritis worse>?

Hello sorry l cant be any great help but l hate seeing unanswered post even if there just a so reply. I suffer more when and l DO have pmt joints ache like heck ;( maybe you should go back to the doc for somemore tests etc as it could be unrelated (just a thought) Get well soon niecsey xxx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2004, 05:17 PM   #3

tracey713 HB User
Question Re: PMS making arthritis worse>?

HI Mochi,
I suffer RA and with with bad period pains and im in my early 30s,the pain extends down both my legs and sometimes can be worse that the period pains.
I have athritic knees and hips so perhaps period pains and RA are linked.
When my period pains have gone my legs are always bad for a couple of days so perhaps the period pains interfere with the RA.
Thats one to ask my doc next visit lol.

Traceyx

Old 01-06-2004, 02:29 PM   #4
Mara

Re: PMS making arthritis worse>?

Endometriosis adhesions seed outside the uterus. Where they adhere causes pain when they bleed and occurs when hormonal levels fluctuate. They bleed when you do but in other areas (prompted hormonally). Also, if there are times you feel like you have your period but don't that is also signal. What your describing sounds suspicious and hormonally related. I know someone who has endometriosis. The adhesions were removed via lazer during a diagnostic Laporoscopy with post surgical Lupron injections to prevent menses for 6 months to allow for optimal healing. She said she did not have colon cramps or menses cramping for 2 years post surgery. She had moderate scarring outside the uterus dorsally. This was the cause of what she thought was cramping and constipation at the time. During her menses she consistently had painful bm and feelings of constipation aside from the dysmenhoria (sp). Talk to your ob/gyn MD about this. The only way to dx endometriosis is by Laporoscopy.

Last edited by Gemi; 01-06-2004 at 02:37 PM. Reason: ps: She suffered for years prior to dx and treatment.

Closed Thread