It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2004, 08:39 PM   #1

kenziebrei HB User
Arthritis in ankles

First will arthirtis make your feet and hands cold? ( ice cold ) Will arthritis make your bone grind together when you walk, and hurt? Can you have arthritis be in more then one place? Like both ankles, knees and back. When I get up in the morning I can't hardly get out off bed. I'm that sniff, and it hurts. I'm going to the foot doctor tomorrow. Cause I can't take this anymore. And the cold outside, It hurt so bad to go out in the cold. Why is that?
Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2004, 09:10 PM   #2

kenziebrei HB User
Re: Arthritis in ankles

I wanted to add I don't have any swelling. Do you have to have swelling with arthritis?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2004, 04:40 PM   #3

Royalty HB User

I know talked to guy that caught an STD 1998 and he ended up with bad pain in all his joints (the doctors didnt realize what was wrong with him. they wrongly diagnosed him with osteoarthritis. A year later he showed up with swollen blood shot eyes, they swabed his eyes and detected to bacteria)

he was the one that convinced me to try antibiotics for my joint/bone infection. (i resisted for months)

Anyway he told me that his crunching and and grinding were absolutely horrible when he walked. He though he was on the verge of death. He started antibiotics and within a year or so the grinding was totally gone. Now he can run and jump like he used to. He still has some spine stiffness however. he also went too long before getting treatment and unfortunately his spine is slighty curved.

This treatment is for bacteria related arthritis or infectous arthritis. many times joint pain can start from having an infection that you dont know about. If you have had any pain or burning in the stomach, or painful urination, or sensitivy to light, or generally feeling unhealthy...give antibiotics a try.

If you take them 3 things can happen:

1) you feel like absolute hell. This means the infection is serious and the bacteria is dying and releasing its toxins into your blood stream as it dies. This "die off" is called herxheimer effect. this lasts about two weeks. Then you start feeling relieve

2) You feel better and have less pain soon after starting treatment. Your infection is less serious and and you are handling the die off well.

3) you feel no better or worse. this indicates that bacteria is not causing the joint pain and you have a possible auto-immune disorder

rheumatic.org is a good site for you to check out!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-22-2004, 06:25 PM   #4
(female)

CTuit HB User

First of all, yes arthritis is usually in more than one joint. The joints are often swollen but not always. As for the feet and hands being cold, do they change colors? There is a condition called Raynauds that will cause the feet and the hands to feel extremely cold, often numb and tingly. They will usually turn blue or white and then red. This can last for short periods of time or longer. My suggestion would be to get in to a rheumatologist. There are several things that can make the joints ache, anything from arthritis to a thyroid problem or several other autoimmune diseases. If the joints are grinding you need to get in before any more damage is done. Good luck!

Closed Thread