It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2004, 04:33 PM   #1
Senior Veteran

Bruce HB User
PK5 another supplement ripoff

A friend suggested i try this substance for pain. I went along with it and bought the product, even though the label was not specific for what the pills contained. They said i should feel less pain within 15 min.

Surprise, surprise, i applied the product 3x the first day and once more today. Absolutely no effect.

Yet, their were people like a anesthesiologist, a pharmacist and other impressive people who said this drug "greatly improved the syndrome", pain suubsided in 15 minutes and on and on.

Here is what is on the box the product came in: helps with carpal tunnel, insect bites, tenditis, back pain, joint pain and sprains. It is safe,natural, whatever that means, effective and guaranteed.

Here is the disclaimer from the FDA. "these statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.

This brings me to two questions. Why does anyone believe these outragous statements? Why does anyone claim to receive any benefit from these products.? one more. why are you so certein these drugs work?

These drugs are unregulated as to content, safety or effectiveness.

I have never received any benefit from a supplement.

I find it incredible that anyone on these boards suggest someone should use any of these producta, because you are liable and could be sued.

These products remind me of the voodoo i saw in Nw Orleans.

Here is what the PK5 contains:a homeopathic blend of albumin ( a simple protein), proteins, essential oils (that's a good one), oriental herbals (wonder what that means), enzymatically predigested botanical extracts (little vague), mineral and vitamin complexes (could mean anything, and of course antioxidants(which ones?), and last, but not least glucosamine. Wonder how all of this junk can penetrate the skin?

In other words if you use this product, you won't have a clue what you are using.
Think about that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2004, 07:03 PM   #2

WarBonds HB User
Re: PK5 another supplement ripoff

Freedom of choice and freedom of speech??

Last edited by WarBonds; 01-24-2004 at 07:29 PM.

Old 01-26-2004, 04:28 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

Bruce HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarBonds
Freedom of choice and freedom of speech??

Freedom of speech: i agree

Freedom of choice: you are responsible for your actions, including false claims that can't be proved or cause harm to others.

Old 02-04-2004, 06:09 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

NancyH HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce
A friend suggested i try this substance for pain. I went along with it and bought the product, even though the label was not specific for what the pills contained. They said i should feel less pain within 15 min.

Surprise, surprise, i applied the product 3x the first day and once more today. Absolutely no effect.

Yet, their were people like a anesthesiologist, a pharmacist and other impressive people who said this drug "greatly improved the syndrome", pain suubsided in 15 minutes and on and on.

Here is what is on the box the product came in: helps with carpal tunnel, insect bites, tenditis, back pain, joint pain and sprains. It is safe,natural, whatever that means, effective and guaranteed.

Here is the disclaimer from the FDA. "these statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.

This brings me to two questions. Why does anyone believe these outragous statements? Why does anyone claim to receive any benefit from these products.? one more. why are you so certein these drugs work?

These drugs are unregulated as to content, safety or effectiveness.

I have never received any benefit from a supplement.

I find it incredible that anyone on these boards suggest someone should use any of these producta, because you are liable and could be sued.

These products remind me of the voodoo i saw in Nw Orleans.

Here is what the PK5 contains:a homeopathic blend of albumin ( a simple protein), proteins, essential oils (that's a good one), oriental herbals (wonder what that means), enzymatically predigested botanical extracts (little vague), mineral and vitamin complexes (could mean anything, and of course antioxidants(which ones?), and last, but not least glucosamine. Wonder how all of this junk can penetrate the skin?

In other words if you use this product, you won't have a clue what you are using.
Think about that.
Because most snake oil charmers know that people have deep pockets and are willing to shell out bucks for anything that sounds TOO GOOD to be true. It also amazes me that it's scientifically been proven that the "placebo" effect works just as well as some of the slam dunk products being sold. No different than the salesman in the Dr office trying to sell the "new"drug on the market when the old one works just as good or better, BUT the older is by far cheaper and not much profit than the new one has.

Last edited by NancyH; 02-04-2004 at 06:13 PM.

Closed Thread