It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2004, 05:48 AM   #1
Senior Veteran

Bothrops HB User
Question Knee and Ankle Pain

Hi Everyone,

for the last several years I have been suffering from knee and ankle pain. Not only do my knees and ankles hurt but my calf and thigh muscles ache frequently. I always figured it was hard work that caused the pain so I never really persued the prob. Several months ago I had back to back to back flu like symptoms and became dizzy and spaced soon after. Well I have been dizzy\lightheaded and spaced out/brainfog ever since and have been unable to work because of it. My legs still hurt sometimes very bad and my lower back and pelvic area are hurting more frequently too. I have no idea if the problems are related. The docs thought my dizziness is anxiety related so they put me on paxil. 6 months on paxil has not helped and may be causing more problems. I get hot/cold sensation in my back and arms and this started a month after starting paxil. I could be wrong, it may be other symptoms.

Back to the leg pain, does this sound like artheritis. I am 35 years old. Could these problems be linked? Is there any OTC drugs to relieve pain, advil does not work. At one time advil did work. Also I was getting severe head and neck aches
but they have subsided since I started paxil.

Does anyone know what is going on with me?

Thank you.

Derek

Old 01-25-2004, 06:59 AM   #2
Inactive

Fuchsia_Lay HB User
Re: Knee and Ankle Pain

could be many things..

how is your gait

walking ok ?

everything lined up ok

my podiatrist gave me the lecture on how the walking motion happens.
complex------------ like a symphony of movements.

incorrect motion can throw many things off....

keep searching--good luck !?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2004, 08:12 AM   #3

Sick_Mom HB User

its sounds like Fibromyalgia

Check this thread out
[url]http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=139504[/url]

Sick Mom

I have been diagnosed with....

Anxiety- attacks
Arthritis - in my fingers & toes
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Depression
Dermatographic Urticaria
Fibromyalgia
Hashimoto's thyroid
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
lump in left breast
Restless Leg Syndrome
thyroid nodules

Old 01-25-2004, 09:05 AM   #4
(female)

CTuit HB User

Ask your doc for a referral to a rheumatoligist if he hasn't already given you one. It could be several things, including arthritis. Keep a list of symptoms and give that to the doctor when you go in, its a lot easier than trying to remember everything. Good luck and feel better!

Old 07-25-2010, 09:45 AM   #5
(female)

Stella509 HB User

Are you sure you're calcium and Vitamin D intake are adequate? A lack of Calcium can cause aches in the legs. Sometimes when I can't sleep at night because my legs are aching its usually because I haven't had any calcium food during the day (I'm lactose intolerant) but if I drink a glass of calcium fortified soy milk or lactaid milk it goes away within about a half hour. You might rule that out before going on medication.

Closed Thread